Kijiji, eBay, and Craigslist dishes for you to take a look at

It's just a few hours from here, but sadly I have nowhere to plant or store it. It'd also be a harrowing drive down I-70 with that thing somehow attached to the roof of my wagon (but worth it).

12' fiberglass satellite dish, Philadelphia, PA. Weighs about 1300 lbs, disassembles to three sections, must be removed from flat roof about 8 feet high. NO OFFER REFUSED! :)

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/for/5647133496.html

00a0a_duAMFPauYZy_600x450.jpg
that's a Miralite brand commercial dish. see this thread for more pics http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/new-orleans-lpb-downlink-site.259087/#post-2568174

Reactions: FTA4PA
I have a 12' Miralite waiting for someone to give it some love. :) It's a fixed mount with a multi LNB holder It has two orthos in it now.

<First posted May 13th .. re-listed today for same $ amount>
7 1/2 FOOT SATELLITE DISH - $150
"7 1/2 foot prime focus perforated aluminum Paraclipse Hydro dish with polar mount and dish mover.
Currently mounted on 3 1/2" OD iron pipe (not included in sale)
Chaparral feedhorn with both C and Ku LNB's.
Needs new polarity servo motor.
Includes approx 200 ft of ribbon cable."
<I'm surprised no one has gotten this bad boy yet!>
http://buffalo.craigslist.org/ele/5662450786.html
new york.jpg

FTA4PA...if you go to bacinvention(dot)com...it looks like part of the Roof Thumper they sell.
Found it (had to add an s after invention :)). Looks pretty cool but, ouch, it says kits starting at $499 :eeek. I'll bet some enterprising Satellite Guy (or Gal) out there could put together something like this for us for even less??? :rolleyes: (hint, hint) ;)

Reactions: armadillo_115
Be real inexpensive to build your own snow shaker. Install an off balance weighted flywheel on an 12vdv ATV/ lawnmower / etc. starter motor then mount the motor on the dish frame. Run the dish to the horizon and activate the motor to shake the dish.

Looks pretty cool but, ouch, it says kits starting at $499 :eeek

Yeah,but that is a kit with 8 "Thumpers". Listing only has one. I don't think it would work on a polar mount unless you could swing the dish far to the west or east.

A broom works well enough for me since I have no dishes mounted high. A broom and a kid who wants a dollar would work even nicer. ;)

Y I don't think it would work on a polar mount unless you could swing the dish far to the west or east. A broom works well enough for me since I have no dishes mounted high. A broom and a kid who wants a dollar would work even nicer. ;)

Used to see the snow shakers on polar mounts quite regularly up in the mountains. Here on the West Coast the snow-belt BUD owners usually would park the dish on the Eastern horizon (almost vertical) during heavy snow fall or while they were not at the cabin. A few flips of the shaker switch and the wet stuff hopefully would slide off (unless melted and refrozen). :)

The snow shakers didn't work well near the top of the arc and needed a slope to get the stuff sliding. I also am a broom guy! :D

I could grab this very easy. I'll be there this weekend. Anyone have an idea what it is and what it's used for?
Sent a text and they said "come pick it up"!

Here's a street view, but it's on the ground now. Tx/Rx for something... Have to see if the lnb is good for Ku....

They're taking the post down so I grabbed the pics before they dissappear.
2211a8dfad08669141c08be57cccc7c7.jpg

4101d646b2a4806d4d3e7d52b7d131ee.jpg

96923ac5a6e5f77addc6f09b1b473b6c.jpg

Last edited:
I think it's cool looking.
What it's for and how will it would work on KU...that's the $64 question.

EDIT: Just thought of what it reminds me of: One of the laser cannons on Star Wars.Bet you could point that at some nosey neighbors and they'd treat you much better.lol.Maybe add a laser pointer on the end. :laser

I think it's cool looking.
What it's for and how will it would work on KU...that's the $64 question.

EDIT: Just thought of what it reminds me of: One of the laser cannons on Star Wars.Bet you could point that at some nosey neighbors and they'd treat you much better.lol.Maybe add a laser pointer on the end. :laser
A $64 question that can be answered for free! That's Bob Barker FTA approved!

It got dark

Testing the new Titanium C138 Performance Plus C Band LNBF