Kijiji, eBay, and Craigslist dishes for you to take a look at

I'm close enough. It would be nice to get a 3 meter fiberglass solid. Not sure if my wife would approve. Hmmmm, what to do?

It's quite obvious what you do...

You pay for a complete day-spa outing for your wife, while you go get that dish... She'l be happy like you've never seen. At least until she gets back home again and see's the new dish. Of course by then, what could she do? lol

Free 8' satellite dish (Centennial) Colorodo < H2H motor ! >
"8 foot Paraclipse brand satellite dish in good condition to use, repurpose or ready for scrap metal reward. Will need to be dismounted and removed."

<May be the same dish that was previously posted in Dillon Colorado? H2H Motor! >
http://denver.craigslist.org/zip/5673960126.html

View attachment 118364 View attachment 118365

I'm going to pick this up on sunday if the other dude does not get it. Only an hour south of me.

This thread is so great! I'll be watching it closely.

I need a 12+ foot dish in the Baton Rouge / New Orleans area. I'm willing to drive to anywhere in the southeast US. Sadly, I've got through the last several pages of this thread and have found nothing within 500 miles.

Reactions: hank123
Patience is a required virtue in the hobby. One will be along. But if you see or find a 10ft.(most used size) I'd consider it. Maybe even a 7.5ft.
Start a thread and get satelliteguys members input before you 'grab it'. May save you from some disappointment.

Reactions: hank123
10' C Band Satellite Dish Siskiyou California

"... This comes with a C-Band LNB and extra strong actuator, as we had this is in a windy location. It also includes the post it is sitting on. Some wire may be retrieved, but I wouldn't count on much.
This is FREE if you take the whole thing down and carry it away. I want my view back! ... "

http://siskiyou.craigslist.org/ele/5687591419.html
cal.jpg

FTA Satellite DVB-S Antenna Dish + Conaxat Receiver + Stab Motor + Amp Dallas Tx

"Just like New ! Removed from the house right after initial installation.
Package includes:
+ Conaxat Duo Fta Satellite Receiver (Complete Retail Box. Mint Condition, Like New)
+Stab HH-120 Motor (Excellent Condition in Retail Box + User's Manual)
+FortecStar 36" Offset Satellite Dish (White Color - Just like New)
+In-Line DVB Signal Booster Amplifier..."

<NO PRICE LISTED>
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ele/5691445226.html
tx.jpg

10' BRAND NEW PATRIOT SATELLITE DISH ANTENNA - $500 (East Orlando) Florida
We have a BRAND NEW NEVER USED OR INSTALLED ( TEN FOOT ) DISH ANTENNA
from Patriot Communications Company.

It's all metal, and all powder coated in white. It's physically beautiful, and ready to be installed in ANY PLACE you can think of.We've got the center mounting cylinder and all the panels. IT'S ALL NEW and much of it still wrapped up in paper and or cardboard. You couldn't make this unit for 500 bucks if you built it all BY YOURSELF...First come first served. WE HAVE LOTS OF OTHER GOODIES TOO."
https://orlando.craigslist.org/ele/5701061946.html

fla.jpg

I sure hope he doesn't decide to be "more helpful", and tear it down for you before you get there!

Otherwise, I'm a little jealous, lol

No, don't think that will happen... He is a level-headed guy that likes the idea that I will be doing most of the work! Will be able to drive right up to the dish in the back pasture with the 4x4 truck and "sneak" home on I-80 with just a wee bit of overhang.! LOL

Bartering for another used non-pen mount and have scheduled the building engineer to visit and approve a 2nd roof location. Will do all the restoration, arc alignment and testing on the ground in the parking lot then hire the boom crane to lift with ballast and drop in place like the last dish a few years ago. Photos will follow the progress. Any recommendations for a controller?:D

Congrats! Should be very good for KU band. Or are you planning on using it for C Band?

Not sure yet. Will test for surface accuracy and see what the side lobes look like on both C and KU. If it has great attenuation on the side lobes it likely will go to the peak of the roof and do the eastern arc KU.If not, it will be a C-band workhorse and a work of art on the roof! :)

Other than having a AJAK (YIPPEEEEEEEE), I'm interested in a performance comparison testing against the 10' on some problematic C-band 2° adjacent satellite interference. Haven't had a second dish to side by side compare for several years. Looking forward to it!

Hoping my patience pays off at some point with the 12' perf! Patiently waiting... Patiently waiting... Patiently waiting... Patiently waiting... Patiently waiting... Patiently waiting... Patiently waiting... :D