Kijiji, eBay, and Craigslist dishes for you to take a look at

Attachments

• TN.jpg
    TN.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 124
I was checking eBay today and found this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/240cm-C-Ku-...136?pt=US_Antennas_Dishes&hash=item417d40f098

Seller just registered on 02-24-2014. Location is listed as Los Angeles, CA. They also have a website at www.Tek2000.com but the only way to contact them is through their website messaging system. No address or phone number on the site and no Better Business Bureau record that I can find. Site appears to be registered in Panama.

Seems too good to be true. Anybody have any info about them or do business with them through their website yet?

Too good to be true. For 425$ shipped, I'd be all over that mesh 210cm (7ft) listed on their site. While it is possible that someone opened up the wallet and got some dishes shipped from China.. I wont hold my breath

No different then azbox.ca/.com

Here is some info on both.

Domain name: azbox.ca
Domain status: registered
Creation date: 2010/11/11
Expiry date: 2014/11/11
Updated date: 2013/12/26

Registrar:
Name: Tucows.com Co.
Number: 156

Registrant:
Name: Gold Phoenix Consultants Inc. of Ontario

Administrative contact:
Name: Serge Cormier
Postal address: PO Box 64035
Oakville ON L6L0A1 Canada
Phone: +1.4162384123
Fax:
Email:

Technical contact:
Name: Serge Cormier
Postal address: PO Box 64035
Oakville ON L6L0A1 Canada
Phone: +1.4162384123
Fax:
Email:

Name servers:
ns1.goldphx.net
ns2.goldphx.net

Domain Name: TEK2000.COM
Registry Domain ID:
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.1api.net
Registrar URL: http://www.1api.net
Updated Date: 2013-10-18T18:00:37Z
Creation Date: 2013-10-18T18:00:37Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2014-10-18T18:00:37Z
Registrar: 1api GmbH
Registrar IANA ID: 1387
Registrar Abuse Contact Email:
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +49.68416984x200
Reseller: www.sky-ip.com www.sky-ip.com
Domain Status: ok
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Jose Castrellon
Registrant Organization: Sky IP, Inc
Registrant Street: Ricardo J Alfaro, El Dorado
Registrant City: Panama
Registrant State/Province: Panama
Registrant Postal Code: 0819-06448
Registrant Country: PA
Registrant Phone: +507.3014841

Don't know. Largest online retailer in world. Makes ebay look like a Mom & Pop shop. In 2012, alibaba had more sales than ebay and amazon combined: $170B.
There was a time many years ago when I could log into eBay China with my ebay.com user name and password and bid. But even then nobody could accept PayPal without a huge penalty for moving their PayPal earnings to their Chinese bank account. China or their banks made eBay essentially useless for world trade for the average citizen, although I did manage to buy some items back in the day. Sent cash in an envelope and it always worked. Can't speak about Amazon's experience with China but cannot log in to their Chinese site either. Alibaba has gotten by with a little help from their friends, as it were.

Would think opening up eBay in China to the world would make a lot of new friendships between buyers and sellers. There are off course some individual Chinese who've cracked the puzzle and sell worldwide via eBay.com and Amazon.com. Wish it were easier for everyone, though. I've bought thousands of dollars of merchandise from Europe where I can sign into Amazon or eBay in France, Germany, or the UK with my USA accounts with no barriers to commerce whatsoever. No VAT, I feel like I get a discount when I checkout.

Similar C-band dish shows up on ebay.ca as well, free shipping via FedEx, same seller. Only shows a 210cm unit though. That's a steal for a new dish, especially free shipping. Wonder if they would carry a 3m unit... Getting harder to find good used units up here that size now.
Minimum order from the manufacturer in China is 10 units... That would make quite a dish farm! Problem I see is for a dealer to order say 20 units and put them in a warehouse to ship out one by one, the shipping would be a killer. Maybe the Ebay ordered units are drop-shipped direct from China?

Last edited: