Kijiji, eBay, and Craigslist dishes for you to take a look at

$50 - mesh BUD - Grandview, MO

7' 8"

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/ele/3824071581.html

3F43M13N95L25Hf5M9d5n503c3b54844f189f.jpg

Damned thing better be gold plated, come with an ortho, and be on an H-H mount! ;).
Pretty sure this was advertised for free 2 weekends ago (by somebody else) when I tried to get it, missed it by an hour (got a 10' the same day free from somebody else). The description 2 weeks ago matches the dish pictured exactly. :popcorn</conspiracy theory>

Oakes, ND. That one made some 'miles' to get out there. I remember a few with that on 'em around here. (Owners said they couldn't get them to come back to do any service so we did it)
The F/G 12 footer looks like a USS but the color is wrong. USS's are a light shade of yellow/orange. Must have been at a cable Head end when in use. If I only had the time/money/ and room for (Stop dreamin')

Hermosa Fiberglas BUD

Emailed and person said someone is already there taking it
Like I said. Here in L.A dishes dont last
hags said:
Oh man, a 10' or 12' solid, I'd have been there ASAP if it was within 50 miles. I'm still bugging the heck out of the local (sorta) defunct radio station studio to let me haul either (or both) of the solid 12' dishes they have sitting

Without going for a look, I wouldn't be too upset to miss this one.
Chances are it was a real sagging' oldie.
But if it had been a winner, navigating 35 miles through Los Angeles surburbs would have been fun. ;)

As for a dish from a radio or TV station, they're generally on fixed mounts.
Dee Ann found herself a couple, but is having a hell of a time moving them.
Without polar mounts, she'll probably have to run 'em fixed.
So, be careful what you wish for. ;)

Without going for a look, I wouldn't be too upset to miss this one.
Chances are it was a real sagging' oldie.
But if it had been a winner, navigating 35 miles through Los Angeles surburbs would have been fun. ;)

As for a dish from a radio or TV station, they're generally on fixed mounts.
Dee Ann found herself a couple, but is having a hell of a time moving them.
Without polar mounts, she'll probably have to run 'em fixed.
So, be careful what you wish for. ;)

Oh, I've been over there to look at them more than once. :D They appear to be on mounts made for motors to move both elevation and azimuth, although neither have an actuator.

Come to think of it, I've never actually measured them, based on memory and compared to the now up and running Paraclipse they could be 14'.

Sorry for the thread jack.

Last edited:
Free dish

Hi guys, I put up a 10 ft. ,took down my 7.5 mesh. Need to unload the 7.5,no room to put it up. All you would need is a pipe and concrete. So if your near Milwaukee??