KVH Tracvision L3 Not Rotating

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gatrue58

Original poster
Jun 8, 2015
United States
I have a KVH Tracvision L3 that has stopped working.

The model number is 01-0225-22 L3US DSS.

The serial number is 04110302.

We normally do not have any issues with the dish, but we left on this trip in a hurry and I didn't go through my normal routine.

I have a Directv H24-700 and a Directv H23-600 receiver.

At our house we are connected to a Slimeline 5LNB dish that has a multiswitch. it is not a SWM dish.

I typically change the setting on both receivers to an 18 inch dish and then take them out to the RV and connect them up and turn the L3 on. This has always worked well.

With leaving in a hurry on this trip, I didn't do that. After connecting to the L3 dish I turned the receivers on an they cycled a while and didn't work, as they shouldn't.

I was driving and finally realized this and had my wife shut off the receivers and the dish.

After getting to our first campground, I changed the settings on the receivers to an 18 inch dish. I tried the L3 again and it could find a good signal as there was a tree blocking some of the line of sight.

So the next day we drove to a grocery store, so while in the lot I tried to get a signal again. I made the mistake of pressing the reset button the receivers thinking it would stay on the 18 inch dish setting. I tried to get a signal with no luck. We started down the road and still no signal so I asked my wife to shut off the receivers and the dish. She shutoff the receivers but not the dish. Needless to say, the dish ran for several hours with the receiver off. After stopping, I could hear it moving, so I shut it off.

When we got to our next campground that evening, I checked the receivers and noticed they were set back to the 5LNB dish. I changed the settings again to the 18 inch dish and turned on the dish. I heard the dish move and then it stopped. No signal. It then moved again as it did before and stopped again.

I took the dome off the dish and turned it on again, it moved down then up and stopped. After a few seconds it did the same thing.

I turned the dish off and rotated it to point the direction of the satellite and turned it back on. Again the dish moved down then up and I got a signal. I thought all was good, then the diah moved down and back up again and I got a signal again. It continues to do this. I decided to turn the dish off again and rotate it slightly and turn it back on. The dish moved down again and back up and then stopped.

Any ideas on what I did that causes the dish not to rotate?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Here is the comment from KVH: Whenever there is no rotation from the antenna that indicates there is no voltage coming from the Directv receivers,switch plate or the configuration of the Directv receivers are incorrect another possible reason is bad coax cable.

I am with you on the "Go Buckeyes".

Reactions: Jimbo
I should have added that that both receivers worked with my Slimeline 5LNB dish that I take with us that I put on a tripod. I chacked the wiring from the switch plate and it seems to be okay. I checked the fuses on the board inside the dome and they were both okay.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts