Live 4K Broadcast on DIRECTV this month!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Correct they currently are, however with the channels switch over to requiring authorization its my understanding only HR54's will be authorized.
Ok, ... wonder why though since the telecasts are taking place on the Ka band and there is no indication any xpndr bonding will be used for it. ...

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

I have been told that if you're going to participate in the 4K test you have to register and give your account number for them to flag your account. Details here (registration required) http://iamanedgecutter.com/showthre...e-4K-on-DIRECTV!?p=15037&viewfull=1#post15037

This is correct. Everyone who wishes to participate please do go register over at I am an edge cutter forums and fill out the 4k test registration form. They need your account number for tracking the accounts participating in the test and follow over there for updates and testing procedures. They are going to be your best source of info during this test. You have to sign up over there if you want to participate. We can discuss here, but make sure you are following over there as well.

From Stuart Sweet:

You must provide your DIRECTV Account Number in order to participate in the 4K test. You will be asked for other information but it's all optional other than your account number. Account Numbers must be provided by 11:59pm Eastern Time on Thursday, February 11, 2016.

To participate, fill in the form here: http://iamanedgecutter.com/showthrea...01-Issues-Only

I've got an HR44 and 4K Rvu setup and I have been able to see both 4K Test Channels..... so far it's just been DirecTV logo's and lots of this particular Boxing event they are looping.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
I've got an HR44 and 4K Rvu setup and I have been able to see both 4K Test Channels..... so far it's just been DirecTV logo's and lots of this particular Boxing event they are looping.
That might be all you get. remember they are just testing some stuff out, these are not meant to be "permanent" 4K channels.

One of the channels is gone today. I do hope the PQ is better than the boxing that's showing.
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1455383659.420454.jpg

I think it was into darkness... honestly I don't watch star trek. And I have access to all test channels at the office so I'm not sure if it's back for edgecutters or not right now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The H44 I believe. You still need a C61 client though.

So how is the 4K broadcast of the PGA golf event going so far?

Was to begin on 2/17 did it not?
No one has reported seeing any gold yet. They have been airing boxing and the Star Trek movie. yesterday for a period they were showing Fashion 4K, and then went back to boxing again.

I do wish they had a schedule when things were going to be broadcast, as you can't set it to record. I would leave work for a bit and check it out if I knew when it was on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.