LNBF - C2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Keystone7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 17, 2009
North Indiana
Hello guys,
I recently had one of my Satellite AV Dual Outputs go bad on my C2. It has been in service since Jan 2012. Would it be worth removing the four screws to look inside? Not that I would know what to do! Do you think this would be covered under warranty? It's been a great LNBF and if not repaired, might think about going with the new Titanium C-Band Dual PLL! Just thinking out loud. I checked online, but they are still out of stock.
Thanks for reading.

Assuming it's not covered by warranty, you could certainly open it up and see if it has water in it.

I had a dual C-Band LNBF on a small dish that wasn't working, so I opened it up and found that it had water. I think the water seeped in through the connectors, because the LNBF was on a different angle for the small offset dish.

Anyway, after I dried it out, it worked fine. I had to make sure it was sealed well after I put it back together, but it still works.

sgs

I rescued mine, water had gotten in causing trouble. Used some ethel alcohol, special stuff for cleaning etc, seemed to do the trick. Also soaked the board in distilled water first to hopefully dissolve the deposits on the board. Got it up and working.
Good to use waterproof connectors if possible...
Good luck...
Maybe time for a new C2PLL?

I 'lost' a dual output DMS to water infiltration . Think it developed a leak in the cover seal as it was easy to pop off. Cleaned up with a little brush and denatured alcohol. It's now 'standby' unit as was replaced with a C2. (with a loose fitting 2 liter soda bottle cover, held in place with zip ties, so it don't happen again)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)