LOCALS GONE FOR 2 DAYS IN PUERTO RICO

It should be noted that SD video quality is bad but watchable
yeah no duh. I can see them on C-Band and they are OK on there at best. Issue is they are cramming 4 SD, 1 HD, 1 part time SD and 1 blank stream and arent using a full transponder to do it. Maybe 1/2 of one.
4 SD...This, NBC, FOX, CW
1 HD..ABC
1 part time SD....since PR Fox cant show the MLB game of the week (they dont have the rights) but USVI can there are 2 different streams for them

They can provide "distants" as in fill in markets where there isnt the full slate of nets in a market. Distants for RV folks and the such they do not have (last I checked) the ability to do

They can provide "distants" as in fill in markets where there isnt the full slate of nets in a market. Distants for RV folks and the such they do not have (last I checked) the ability to do

Since ABC is the only affiliate with a PR address, the other come from other markets. When Dish gets the Distant Networks available, can Puerto Rico qualified to get the Distants?

Iceberg said:

Can not get anything here in USVI even with antenna, I am on the wrong side of the island, cant even get radio, using Sonos for that

Since ABC is the only affiliate with a PR address, the other come from other markets. When Dish gets the Distant Networks available, can Puerto Rico qualified to get the Distants?

actually Fox is also in that bunch. The same folks (LLK) won these stations
Puerto Rico
WPRU ABC
WSJP CW
WSJX Fox

USVI
WEON Fox
WVGN NBC
WVXF This Tv

holy_devil said:
Not a bad idea, but i think you would prefer to look for one in Rochester, NY since they have HD networks on 61.5. Well that's if you have a Dish aim at 61.5.

Actually using my NYC address right now to get networks and downgraded to welcome package. Don't you lose the spot beam HD or are you getting them off Conus

Yes man we have said this for a couple of times remember guys the Strorefront Channels are LOW POWER WSJP, WSJX, WPRU channles if they were FULL POWER and were avaliable to the entire Island then no we can not recieve Distants

Yes man we have said this for a couple of times remember guys the Strorefront Channels are LOW POWER WSJP, WSJX, WPRU channles if they were FULL POWER and were avaliable to the entire Island then no we can not recieve Distants

so are you saying as I recieve no locals in USVI i should have access to distant networks from Dish or are you referring to AAD?

You are right, I totally forgot about that, I used to have SD distants thru ADD before they offered HD, but the quality was as bad as our locals. I never tried the Hd service.

Here my wishlist:
1. Hd premiums back. (no matter in which sat as long they are on PR footprint)
2. HD distants
3. The missing HD channels from the PR pak.

You are right, I totally forgot about that, I used to have SD distants thru ADD before they offered HD, but the quality was as bad as our locals. I never tried the Hd service.

Here my wishlist:
2. HD distants

Forrest Gump Mom Sally Field but in Charlies way
"Dish is like a box of chocalates you do now what you are getting to get" Je Je Je

Nel I'm not sure but last year you said that the locals will be in Hd. Wapa is in HD. Someone mention (i'm not sure it was you) that National Geographic LA and Discovery LA will be in HD also. It's that still a possibility. I noticed in The List that Spotbeam B23 has 3 tps 1,3 and 5. tp 5 only have one channel Wapa HD, that means there room for more HD right? Also SB22 has only one channel WGN HD what's the capacity for SB22, do you know?

Here my wishlist:
2. HD distants

Vote +1. Or, better yet, change #2 to National networks in HD, so we won't need distants, and won't have to pay extra...

Nel I'm not sure but last year you said that the locals will be in Hd. Wapa is in HD. Someone mention (i'm not sure it was you) that National Geographic LA and Discovery LA will be in HD also. It's that still a possibility. I noticed in The List that Spotbeam B23 has 3 tps 1,3 and 5. tp 5 only have one channel Wapa HD, that means there room for more HD right? Also SB22 has only one channel WGN HD what's the capacity for SB22, do you know?

Yeah they are waiting for Storefront to launch Fox WSJX hd and WVGN .it will be thru fiber. Spotbeam has space for 5 up tp 7 channels depends on the bandwith

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts