Locked up OS MIO 4K

navagator

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
I downloaded an extension on my MIO 4k to display a permanent clock on the front panel. I believe it was called permanentvfdclock. After the install a green message box came up telling me that there is a software problem and it's going to restart in 10 seconds. Well, it doesn't restart. I tried power cycling it but the same message comes up. When booting the front panel display goes up to 99 and stops. I was running the TNAP 3.0 image when it happened. I have TNAP 3.2 installed in slot 2 and OpenVix in slot 3.

I thought maybe I could bring up the boot menu by pressing the menu button while the receiver was booting and choose another image but that didn't work.

What do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Likely the extension is not compatible and corrupted the image.

Rapidly press the menu button multiple times after plugging in the DC cord. This should bring up the image selection boot menu.

If not, install unzipped TNAP 3.2 USB version image on the top level a thumb drive and change the text file "noforce" to "force".

With the DC power plug unplugged, insert the USB in either USB port. Restore the power and TNAP 3.2 will be installed into slot 1. Remove the USB and either change the text file name back to "noforce" or delete the folder.

Thank you for your reply.

I tried pushing the menu button again while it was booting but it still didn't work.

Now do you mean the "TNAP-3.2-osmio4k_usb.zip" file?

Thank you for your reply.

I tried pushing the menu button again while it was booting but it still didn't work.

Now do you mean the "TNAP-3.2-osmio4k_usb.zip" file?

There's a certain "rhythm" you have to hit when you press the Menu button. Just pressing it once isn't going to work. Do it multiple times, and vary it. When it works, it'll bring up the boot menu

Reactions: comfortably_numb
There's a certain "rhythm" you have to hit when you press the Menu button. Just pressing it once isn't going to work. Do it multiple times, and vary it. When it works, it'll bring up the boot menu
I pressed it multiple times. But I'll go ahead and give it a few more tries.

Yes.

Do not use the multi-boot image.
Ok.

I was able to bring up the boot menu and boot to slot 2 which is TNAP 3.2. One of the times I tried before I got a black screen and I didn't realize that the boot menu might be in 50htz which my tv won't do. The last time I tried and got the black screen it hit me.

I should have a working image in slot 1 shouldn't I? Should I go ahead and install TNAP 3.2 to slot one as you suggested? I did make a copy or backup of TNAP 3.0 shortly after I received the OS Mio on a USB stick, could that be used to reinstall 3.0 in slot one?

Thanks

Of course an external HDD and making a full backup image once in awhile to write to a USB stick is a good idea.
That is if TNAP lets you do that. Mine works like clucas says here.

I can't think of any reason to return slot 1 to TNAP 3.0. Personally, I would install TNAP 3.2 in slot 1.
I think that's what I'll do. I can install another image in slot 2 later.

The reason I downloaded the clock extension was so I could have something showing on the front panel display. In TNAP 3.0 when I made my "Favorites" bouquet the satellite names were lined up against the left side of the screen and the channel names were slightly indented over. However in TNAP 3.2 the satellite names and channel names were both aligned to the left. You can see the difference from the pictures. I preferred the channel name to be indented over. So, I thought well, I'll just add some spaces to the left of the channel names and see if that works and it did, they looked fine. However when I did this there was nothing showing on the front panel display anymore (the channel names show on my front panel as I'm running My Blue Shadow for my skin), it looked like the receiver was turned off. Which is really no big deal, I was just used to seeing something up there. I remembered seeing the clock extension the other day and thought if I downloaded it I could go ahead and fix my Favorites bouquet the way I wanted it to look and have something on the display also.

Maybe some day they'll add a option in the My Blue Shadow skin to show channel names or the clock.

Satellite list favorites 1.jpg

Favorites 2.jpg

I reinstalled TNAP 3.2 in slot 1, the process went very smoothly.

I have one more question, is there a way to backup the settings and channel bouquets from the version of TNAP 3.2 I have installed in slot 2 and restore them to the fresh version of 3.2 I have just installed in slot 1?

Thanks

Yes, perform a back-up from the previous image in slot 2, reboot to slot 1 and restore from back-up.
I made a backup of slot 2 and rebooted to slot 1 and then I brought up the backup plugin and clicked the blue button to restore. I then navigated down to "fullbackup_osmio4k" and clicked the green button. After that this screen came up:
screenshot_19691231131817.jpg

Is this correct? If so, what button do I push next?

Am away from the office this weekend and unable to walk you though the restore menu. I will be back on Monday.

I can't read this screen shot resolution on my phone, but assume you need to press OK to proceed.

Could someone assist?

Am away from the office this weekend and unable to walk you though the restore menu. I will be back on Monday.

I can't read this screen shot resolution on my phone, but assume you need to press OK to proceed.

Could someone assist?
I pressed OK and the next screen gave me 4 options, which one should I choose?

screenshot_19691231130239.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts