looking to get c band lnb need help choosing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dj_flako

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 5, 2009
pa
ok the ? is i what to put a stb in every room in the house what kind of lnb should i get and from who

The very best and most expensive feedhorn and lnbs would be a chapperal dual feedhorn with two Norsat lnbs. One lnb will be Horizontal and the other would be vertical ran into a multiswitch. each of your other receivers would feed off the multiswitch so any combination of polarities are accessible any time to each receiver.

The cheaper route that still will work fine is a dual output lnbf.

Well, I just used Google: "chaparral feedhorn 11-1329-1 "
They can be had for about 1/2 of list.
But another company, ADL, also makes a similar device.
(not to be confused with dual-band Orthomode feeds for C & KU - they're an arm 'n a leg)
There are Chinese C-only models out there, currently in production.
Saw one in Stogie5150's latest rebuild pictures: How I Learned To Love The Bomb...Or...Paraclipse Modifications......

If you do go that way, then it's probably also worth a more involved discussion of C-band LNBs, too.
But, most of the above has been discussed here on the forum, so it's a good resource for more info.

And someone else made a feed with two LNBs built into or onto it.
Don't think they were removable.
I forget the name or the brand (Pico Macom ?), but saw it in a picture LinuxMan once posted.
Think he found them surplus (or in-service on an old dish), and I don't know if they're currently in production.
(oops, found 'em listed on the Global-CM web site, so do some Googling for more info)

jee i ask so much sorry to bother but im new to bud

how can i set up a multi room system im going to be using 5 stb's
like what lnb i need what switch and soon please help i cant wait to be up and running thanks

three ways to skin the cat -

When someone wants multiple receivers on a BUD, I think old-school...
... they may be wanting to use an Analog receiver or a 4DTV receiver, too.
Since the B1sat Stacked LNBF isn't friendly to those receivers, I leave it out of the discussion.
However, Tron has written much about the bandstacked C-band LNBF.
So, search on threads started by him, for generous info on their use.

The C2/DMX242 + 4x8 multiswitch answer a few posts above, is a very simple, low cost, and an easy-to-understand solution.
Plus, it works well, and will support the old receivers.

The turn the thread took toward the orthomode feeds, is quite a complicated and expensive one.
So, choose which path you take, wisely. - :cool:

yeah but the ? is how do i set up more then one stb do i need two lnb or one or what

merged the common threads together...lets try and keep it in one thread so folks arent responding to multiple threads of the same issue

I'd answer but ANole already gave a great answer.

Bottom line is I am running 4 receivers off one dual C-Band LNB using the same principals as what anole posted ;)

anole ill try that thanks to all you this is the best place i visited you get help and get it right

ok i got my lnb
i got
lnb C2 - GEOSATpro C-BAND DUAL OUTPUT
C-Band LNBF

switch JVI 35-DTV38 MINI

what do you think

works for me!

ok i got my lnb
i got
lnb C2 - GEOSATpro C-BAND DUAL OUTPUT
C-Band LNBF

switch JVI 35-DTV38 MINI

what do you think
I think that should do the job.
(found info on Sadoun site about your JVI 35-DTV38)
No real room for expansion to another LNB, like if you'd used the 4x8 switch, but it's a fine and inexpensive solution. - :up

yeah to start with later on ill get somthing better i got all of it from sadoun they very good and shiped the same day
ill get it by Friday im off from work that day so ill get it going and let you know how it works out

ill be running a sv400 sv360 elite a pansat im betting on on ebay and i got another stb around a forget what it it my cuz gave it to me

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)