Lost signal from all three Sats

They have most of our e-mail addresses, and they could post an official outage remark on the opening page on Dishnetwork.com. I'm not asking for a call or anything, but there is ways they could report an outage or problem.

DirecTV doesn't do that, I don't think. Dish Network should.

Anyone else able to load SNYHD (388)? I can't seem to load several stations on E*3, but stuff on E*12 (like WNBC HD and the Pentagon channel) load fine. I'll take a look at my signals once I finish recording at 8:30 :)

Called tech, got disconnected on a transfer. Called again, busy, called again, busy, called again, got stuck into a voice response system and finally zeroed out into a queue for techs after hearing a recording about a known service interruption in my area they are working to resolve immediately. I'll see if I can get a tech to explain it.

It just came back for me. Seemed somewhat inconsistent though... only certain transponders (on both E*3 and E*12) were out.

They have most of our e-mail addresses, and they could post an official outage remark on the opening page on Dishnetwork.com. I'm not asking for a call or anything, but there is ways they could report an outage or problem.

DirecTV doesn't do that, I don't think. Dish Network should.

Here's something else funny though. So far, everytime I've had outages, I try to go dishnetwork.com to see if they've posted anything, and the page will not even fully load. Once my sats are back up, I can get to the website. LMAO!!!!

I am getting sick of trying to record Big Brother and I end up with like 10 minutes of stuff, and NADA.....loss of signal. This has happened like 10 times throughout the whole season! It happened again tonite. Weather wasn't bad. What's the deal?

What time ?? My daughter recorded High School Musical 2 (again) from 8 to 10pm and it's a single recording, meaning I didn't lose signal. The outages being talked about here are ones that occur at Dish's uplink facilities and those will affect EVERYONE. They are not local outages which are far more common.

:D
Last nights outage was caused by VERY bad weather at the uplink.

A Dish Network spokesperson confirmed this for me earlier this evening.

Thanks for the info Scott, but did they mention all the other outages everyone is experiencing over the past serveral days? And why wouldn't they publicly at least put something on their website to acknowledge the outage? Trying to avoid the bad press? :D

I could almost believe him, if it wasn't for the errors on the type of satellites being used, how many satellites are used by the various subscription packages, and if he knew how to tell time, especially West = +UTC, while everything East = UTC.

0000 UTC might equal 1900 EST (2000 EDT), but
0000 UTC does not equal 5AM EST, the day before or the day after.

He meant 4:45 PST. Is not 0000 UTC = Midnight. California is UTC - 0700 which would make UTC 0000 5pm in california which is about the same time of the saturday outage and the first spike on graph. Not pushing story but found it interesting.
California, United States current local time from WorldTimeServer.com

tig, i was also watching BB and wanted to see the part we lost. I will just download it or go watch it at CBS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)