Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion Release Date?

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Does anyone know if Apple has announced when in July they are releasing Mountain Lion?

Along those lines, anyone know the upgrade options and cost ? I presume 10.7 to 10.8 will be ~$30, but what about 10.6 to 10.8 ?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

ML was released to developers as "gold" so, I am guessing we'll see it next week in the app store.
Crossing my fingers! I want native HD4000 support for my Hackintosh. No hardware acceleration with the "hacked" drivers.

Well, my Air is ready and waiting for the new OS. Did a full backup - created a new time machine the other day, and cleared off stuff so I have plenty of space. Looking forward to seeing how the OS changes. And to being able to use Airplay with my mac.

JamesJ said:
Yep no problems there I made sure I got her a 2008 model!
Unlike my 2006 Mac Pro 1.1 :(. I haven't figured out what to do about that, but I'll update our Mac Mini first, then my 2011 Air.

Where did you find the Mac Pro? I've used Mac of All Trades before for pre-owned Macs, but lately I've used Apple's refurbished outlet store.

I just built a new i5-3570k based Hackintosh. In "About this Mac", it shows it to be a Mac Pro "Early 2008". I thought that was kind of funny. I wonder how it determines that. At least it passes that requirement for upgrade.

Crossing my fingers for tomorrow!

Unlike my 2006 Mac Pro 1.1 :(. I haven't figured out what to do about that, but I'll update our Mac Mini first, then my 2011 Air.

Where did you find the Mac Pro? I've used Mac of All Trades before for pre-owned Macs, but lately I've used Apple's refurbished outlet store.

I got it at mac of all trades :) it actually was a great deal as I paid 650 for it...it has a bent handle due to shipping which dosent effect me at all...plus a one year warranty, couldnt pass up on that deal!

Well no ML as of yet this morning. I was hoping it would be today, as I have some free time, but looks more like tomorrow. Hopefully.

Micro Center does refurbished Macs and have many locations (plus shipping options). I don't know who does the refurbishing work but seeing as it only comes with a 90-day warranty vs a 1-year like Apple provides, I suspect it is Micro Center who is doing the refurbishment (Apple gives their refurbs the same warranty as new products, as I recall).

Micro Center Products: Computers: Laptops, Netbooks: Refurbished: Apple

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)