Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion Release Date?

Try it again. Mine did that, but a minute later it purchased it, and is downloading. 4.34GB. I am sure they are getting hit with a ton of purchase requests, pushing the servers.

I will copy the installer to my external drive before installing it, as otherwise the installer file will disappear after the install. And make sure you have a time machine or other backup before installing. Just in case. :)

It's downloading OK for me but it's pretty slow.

It is one minute away from the restart after the install. Said 34 minutes but only took about 15. The SSD probably speeds it up a bit.... And restarting into OSX ML now.... Always a nervous thing with os installs... But we are in... :)

I won't be getting this upgrade for a bit because I want to see what happens with the only 2 pieces of software that might be affected negatively. I upgraded to Lion the day it came out and had some issues with these 2, don't want to repeat that!

But I will be watching this thread, and the others that will probably come along, to see how it goes.

One of the things I was interested in was Airplay to my AppleTV. But I read that won't work on my 2009 iMac, and even if it did, I wonder if it will mirror anything on the Mac screen to the AppleTV or just those things with Airplay enabled as it is on the iPad.

I was able to purchase and download it this morning. I'm going to do a fresh install since some of my hardware wasn't "supported" under Lion. I only have a couple of apps installed anyway. I knew I needed ML to get native drivers for my video card and sound.

and I am in... maybe it is just a mental game, but safari seems to be flying... and I was on Safari 6 for Lion before. The iCloud tab is great. I click on it, it saw the page from SatGuys I had opened (this one) on my iPad, and bam! I am on it.

Opened notes on Mac and iPad, added a note on the mac, showed up on the iPad in a second, edited it on the iPad, changes on the Mac almost instantly.

There is now an airplay tab on the top of the screen, just like in iOS, need to fire up the Apple TV and see how it does. ... And we are mirroring. Very nice. The resolution on the Mac changed into a 16x9 screen, with small black bars, but I can easily read this as I type it on my mac from my 40" TV.

Switching to video now... Loaded a 1080p video from Youtube, full screen on the Apple TV... looks great. Sound in Stereo, but the original was too.

So many possibilities for monitors with an Apple TV and a LCD screen.

I'd say this, ML is not a major overhaul to OSX, but so far, the enhancements seem very good. Airplay itself was worth the $20.

i keep getting this message purchase can't be completed because the product distribution file can not be verified or signed. i have never received an error message before from the app store.

i just tried it again and got the same message. i will call apple but it will be thursday unless i get home sooner from orlando than i anticipate. i was just able to download a free app without any problems.

App store is doing updates to iWork, Aperture, iMovie, and iPhoto for compatibility. Apparently ability to save files from iwork directly to iCloud. Will report on it once the install is finished.

These updates came after I installed ML. I did updates before I installed as well.

You can now take a photo from preview (or I am guessing any iWork and probably iLife app, will test after the upgrade), from the title bar, rename it, and if you want move it to iCloud. Then in Preview, click Open, and you have an iCloud option, showing the files stored there, no web access needed. FINALLY, iCloud is starting to fulfill some of its potential.

Need to see how that works with iOS.

These updates came after I installed ML. I did updates before I installed as well.

You can now take a photo from preview (or I am guessing any iWork and probably iLife app, will test after the upgrade), from the title bar, rename it, and if you want move it to iCloud. Then in Preview, click Open, and you have an iCloud option, showing the files stored there, no web access needed. FINALLY, iCloud is starting to fulfill some of its potential.

Need to see how that works with iOS.

iWork updated. Same features exist like in Preview. Rename file from title bar, move to iCloud, duplicate, etc.... I hope OTHER programs take advantage of this feature, it is very nice.

Okay this is a voice dictation test number one. Dang, that is cool. I can talk to my Mac so people will know I'm really crazy. The exact same technology as Siri. Works pretty well. But the done button on the screen I actually went in to touch with my finger like was on an iPad. :)

To turn it on you double press the function key.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)