Making changes to account online?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dishbd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
Just curious, as a D* subscriber are you able to make changes to your account online, like add AND remove channels and/or programming packages? I have about had it calling E* anytime I need to make a change and inevitably something gets jacked with my account, so I'm looking to see if I can make some of these kind of changes online with D* should I choose to switch.

Thanks in advance!

Also - no downgrade charge provided you have a service (premium) for 30 days. Also no charge to switch premiums (one for one). All done online.

Yepp, I have always used D* online and love it. masterdeals is correct, if you sign up for HBO(or any other), you cant cancel it within 30 days without a $10 fee. After that, you can drop it easily online.

A few months back I tried to cancel the college football ESPN Game Plan on-line. It wouldn't allow me to do it and provided a phone number to call. The phone call was quick and painless.

Regards, Dan

You sure about that? I've been through the screens (although I never finished the process) that let you order a new receiver online...

You CAN order a new box online, but you CANNOT activate it - nor can you activate/deactivate a box you ALREADY have on hand online. (years ago, they used to allow you to do all this, but took that capability out :( )

You CAN order a new box online, but you CANNOT activate it - nor can you activate/deactivate a box you ALREADY have on hand online. (years ago, they used to allow you to do all this, but took that capability out :( )

Good point. You can order a receiver, but I guess since his question was "can I add it to my account," which would require activation, the answer is technically no.

Status
Please reply by conversation.