Many long time owned subs are finally leaving in droves/how to fix dish bag network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I wonder if the non-stop litigation is helping drive up costs?

I think someone mentioned earlier in this thread mentioned the residential customer agreement. Since I just went with my first leased receiver (and first commitment) after being with Dish for 12 years, I was kind of surprised by some of the terms stated. One entire section is a Dish disclaimer, all in caps, and basically seems to say that if something happens on Dish's end and we can't get our service, we are out of luck. Seems like an odd thing to say Dish is not responsible for providing service. Must be a CYA to keep from being sued if meteors take out all of Dish's satellites simultaneously (that might be considered an Act of Nature). Still, I would not want to keep paying when service is unavailable.

That said, I am satisfied with Dish. Dish is still cheaper than our local cable company, and I've never really had any service issues.

By the way, r10, nice going with the shocking headline lead-in. Ever work in newsprint? Maybe I should start one that says: Many Dish installers are scrambling to install former Cable and Direct customers! Just as much truth. As long as you narrow that view enough, you can say anything. All the able-bodied Men in my house...work for Dish. See?
Now about your rant. I never kept up too close with prices-they change and CSR's can quote them all day. Both major sat. providers offer introductory deals to attract new customers, but do not allow existing customers to partake. If you go anywhere else, expect like results.

Mine didn't go up $30 a month this year. But then I didn't need TV's in every room with a receiver running each TV.
Really couldn't care less!

I OWN my boxes, the increase should of been phased in not zap overnight.

the way it was handled sent the message E only wants money and doesnt care how to get it.

just like the fee to return leased equiptement at cancelation.

name any other company that has done something like this......

changing cost so much to subs under contrat

Frankly,Clark,you're right. Lightning and hail will interrupt your service. Storms of rain and snow will block signal. The Earth supposedly shifted during a recent quake. Satellites can fail, have solar glare or electromagnetic haze blocking retransmission from the sat. Of course those crazy meteorites are everywhere like Ohio drivers...Dish is like cable or phone or sports teams, they know better than bet against nature. But they will compensate loss of signal if they know it's been off. They will usually offer months of free service. Just call when it goes out, and they will consider that the beginning of your downtime. I've heard of them offering HBO, etc. free for three months to the disgruntled, but don't count on that.

I'm staying the course, but have been a DirecTv sub longer than Dish... ;) Dish still offers me more of what I want and I watch much more from Dish...

Im in same situation as you..

I love the movie packages on dish.
That said, direc sticks around in my house for all the sports packages.

Its nice to see that direc finally put out a decent HD dvr..(HR24)

Nice addition to my 722\922

I dont think you will see many people leaving, you will see many people downgrading their programming (myself included)

My bill would be going up over $50 a month just in equipment costs. So some cuts had to be made somewhere. I sure hope that DISH understands they screwed up here bigtime.

I have been thinking of writing some of the programmers such as HBO, Showtimes and Starz and telling them why I no longer subscribe to their channels. But havent done so yet.

OP: We can see you're upset. However, you have confused your feelings with what is going on in the larger world. As has been posted, there are no facts to support your statements. Indeed, the actual facts are to the contrary.

However, your frustrations are shared in varying degrees by many here. For whatever reason, Dish has decided to start playing hardball to a greater degree than ever before. So far, it seems to be working for them. We shall see if that holds up over the rest of the year.

The majority of Dish customers do not have multiple HD DVRs as many of us here do. They probably rarely make changes in their service or have any reason to talk to a CSR. The design of the increases seems to affect the lower tier people the least.

Charles Ergen is a self made billionaire. We should be cautious about telling him how to run his business. He's clearly made some very good decisions so far, and probably still is, even if it appears otherwise to some of us.

for me the price increase was not a big deal. the deal breaker for me was them lying about the free DVR and no MLB channel. i bought out the rest of my contract and had comcast installed this past weekend. i would have stayed with dish if they would have got MLB but i seen many posts here saying that would never happen so i left

Valid reasons for discontent:

1. Staggering equipment lease fees

2. Issues associated with the bifurcation of the arcs for some EA subscribers

Most of the rest is a matter of choosing the appropriate carrier.

Valid reasons for discontent:

1. Staggering equipment lease fees

2. Issues associated with the bifurcation of the arcs for some EA subscribers

Most of the rest is a matter of choosing the appropriate carrier.

hehe- look, Beavis...he said "bifurcation"..... hu huh huh hu hu hehehe :p

yeah yeah! that's funny! :D

(you have to use the voices)

Im in same situation as you..

I love the movie packages on dish.
That said, direc sticks around in my house for all the sports packages.

Its nice to see that direc finally put out a decent HD dvr..(HR24)

Nice addition to my 722\922

Direct just added something like 14 new hd channels not too long ago. I'm waiting for my installer now. Should be here sometime between 12-4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts