Me Tv Chicago is going national

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The cost to the end user may be cheaper by using the Ku band and smaller dish, however transmission costs are twice as much for Ku as for C-Band. The following link may be a few years old but relevant. Satellite Internet Costs - transponder and VSAT equipment prices

I doubt the intent is for the sole purpose of the end user, they want affiliates to pick this up.

That's my take on it!

I just wish the feed would have been KU-Band instead of C-Band. The smaller dishes are so much easier to install and more people would use FTA.

It's not coming in this morning. It looks like it's scambled. :(

It just came back on ITC. :)

Popcorn you live pretty close me and I had a question. Can you get any c-band on a 4ft dish? I found a old post where you did, but I wanted to make sure. All I really want is this tv and metv. Could you also get ku-band as well? Thanks for the info! :)

Popcorn you live pretty close me and I had a question. Can you get any c-band on a 4ft dish? I found a old post where you did, but I wanted to make sure. All I really want is this tv and metv. Could you also get ku-band as well? Thanks for the info! :)

KU band is excellent on a 4' dish. With C band I had great success, but by using a Channel Master 4' dish. It all depends on the quality of the dish. My 4' CM receives C band almost as well as my 6' panel dish.

Came home from work tonight and there was no signal for ME TV. I then performed a rescan and it came in. Signal dropped from a steady 70 to 58-60.

I'm Showing on my 12 foot:
Signal Level 88 Quality 85.

AMC 3, 87W
3863 MHZ, H, 5925 SR, 5/6 FEC
V 356, A 358, PCR 356
SID 0x0001
TSID 0x0001
ONID 0x0000

Could you guys that are loosing it be using smaller dishes and be dropping below threshold? When I spoke with Weigels engineer he said at least a 12 foot dish is needed (guess thats what they are telling the affiliates)

Last edited:
I think that some of that snow from the Metrodome is affecting their reception. I'm seeing the test pattern just fine in rainy northern California with my 9' mesh.

Jim

It could be the snow, because we got several more inches yesterday. I'm also thinking that perhaps the channel was DVB-S and now switched to DVB-S2. This would explain why a rescan was needed and the signal strength is lower. Unfortunately, the Openbox S9 receiver doesn't provide this information.

It will probably start at 6am EST that's what I heard here in Chicago. BTW it is DVB S not S2.

Here's a couple sneak previews :)

Attachments

• ME1.jpg
    ME1.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 129
  • ME2.jpg
    ME2.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts