Me-tv goofing up lately?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
UPDATE: After adjusting the skew, I got nothing (Me-TV). Still nothing. :oldfrown I can't understand this. I wish I could get it. Is there something I'm still doing wrong?

Since this thread was started, I have noticed a lower Q on my 8 footer. So, they may be playing with the budget. With that said, it sounds like you are not aimed correctly yet. Take all your toys out to the dish, again, tune in the weakest transponder THAT YOU KNOW IS ON 101W AND CAN RECEIVE. Then do a push pull test on the dish making note of which way it improves. Adjust accordingly until you finally get it to where there is no change during the push pull tests. Then you should be able to get METV.

There are some other possibilities, but since this is a new install let's be sure it isn't in the aiming. If that doesn't do it, make note of the frequency and polarity, then see if you find another satellite with that polarity and frequency, that is active and see if you can pick it up.

Good luck.

Reactions: TheBUDGuy
Since this thread was started, I have noticed a lower Q on my 8 footer. So, they may be playing with the budget. With that said, it sounds like you are not aimed correctly yet. Take all your toys out to the dish, again, tune in the weakest transponder THAT YOU KNOW IS ON 101W AND CAN RECEIVE. Then do a push pull test on the dish making note of which way it improves. Adjust accordingly until you finally get it to where there is no change during the push pull tests. Then you should be able to get METV.

There are some other possibilities, but since this is a new install let's be sure it isn't in the aiming. If that doesn't do it, make note of the frequency and polarity, then see if you find another satellite with that polarity and frequency, that is active and see if you can pick it up.

Good luck.
I will tell you this: tweaking the LNBF worked a little, I think. The Viacom mux went from 20% to 80%, so I did something right. Still no signal for Me-TV, though. As of now, I think the weakest transponder would be the TCT mux or the Gone Viral mux which also includes PBS, WGN, WPIX, etc. As soon as the sun goes down and it gets a little cooler, I'll go adjust it again. I'll update the progress once again.

Reactions: fred555
I hope you get it soon, a bunch of these guys are getting impatient: :everybodydance
I'll try my best! All I know is that my dish is big enough to to receive Me-TV, so that helps. Like I stated previously, I adjusted the LNBF at little and the Viacom mux went from about 20% to almost 80%, so I did something right.

UPDATE: It's time to celebrate! After adjusting the skew, Me-TV 1 & 2 come in at around 60%! ABC and NBC both come in between 70%-75%!! I get more channels on each satellite than I've had before!! :clapping Time to celebrate! :everybodydance

Reactions: bpalone and FTA4PA
:everybodydance:everybodydance:everybodydance:everybodydance:everybodydance:everybodydance
:everybodydance:everybodydanceCONGRATULATIONS!:everybodydance:everybodydance
:everybodydance:everybodydance:everybodydance:everybodydance:everybodydance:everybodydance

That is actually decent signal for MeTV, I think you have done it well!
Thank you! I sure was excited when I received the signals! Here's what I did: I took my TV and my receiver outside, got a ladder up to the dish, unbolted the LNBF, and adjusted the skew while looking at the TV. I adjusted it slowly. Then, I noticed Me-TV's transponder went from 0% to 60%. I immediately stopped, moved my ladder, and scanned the transponder. I was hoping it was Me-TV. After it finished, it scanned in as “MeTV1” and “MeTV2”. After checking to make sure, it was indeed both Me-TV channels! After tightening the bolts to the LNBF, I deleted my entire channel list for all my satellites and rescanned them one-by-one. SES 3 (103W) went from 20 channels originally to about 90 after I adjusted it. On AMC 18 (105W), I was finally able to get the NBC mux as well as a few scrambled channels. Originally, I only got 3 channels, and that was the NASA mux. On Galaxy 16 (99.2W), I was finally able to lock the ABC mux at 4120H and the ABC mux at 4140V which includes the Live Well Network. Needless to say, I've had a pretty good day?

Reactions: Jason S
DingDingDing! I think I finally figured it out too,as being improper lnbf skew (I sure do miss my c-band lnb & polarotor,but they just aren't easy to use with these digital receivers)
Tinkered with the lnbf-skew for about an hour and now my ME-tv signal is up from about 72-74 to 86. I knew that it was scanning some of those "skinny signals" in as both H & V, at times, so it had to be the skewer! Biggest trouble for me is, my 10' is on a little rocky peak in backyard, I cannot reach the lnbf when it is aimed at 101W. To tweak it I have to run the dish at least to 123W so I can reach the thing, then run it back up to test my adjustment. I think a 12' step ladder might reach it, but I haven't got a step ladder that tall, lol. Yet. So, all Me-tv'ers-don't give up on getting a stable signal, just takes patience, and a big enough dish that's well adjusted.

Reactions: . Raine and Babadem
This is how I do it. With the scaffolding , the ladder is not in the way of the signal, and you can stand out of the way of the signal too.

quadstar.jpg

DingDingDing! I think I finally figured it out too,as being improper lnbf skew (I sure do miss my c-band lnb & polarotor,but they just aren't easy to use with these digital receivers)
Tinkered with the lnbf-skew for about an hour and now my ME-tv signal is up from about 72-74 to 86. I knew that it was scanning some of those "skinny signals" in as both H & V, at times, so it had to be the skewer! Biggest trouble for me is, my 10' is on a little rocky peak in backyard, I cannot reach the lnbf when it is aimed at 101W. To tweak it I have to run the dish at least to 123W so I can reach the thing, then run it back up to test my adjustment. I think a 12' step ladder might reach it, but I haven't got a step ladder that tall, lol. Yet. So, all Me-tv'ers-don't give up on getting a stable signal, just takes patience, and a big enough dish that's well adjusted.
What Receiver are you using? I have the same issues on some satellites on the A3. Usually, in situations like this, the intended polarity has quality while the opposite doesn't.

What Receiver are you using? I have the same issues on some satellites on the A3. Usually, in situations like this, the intended polarity has quality while the opposite doesn't.
baba, I was using the good ol Vantage 1100 at the time, but it was also acting the same weird way with my little X2 Premium HD. I'm tickled that adjusting the skew has solved the problem , both boxes are picking up the channels superbly now.

Can we see a photo of where the zero skew mark is in relation to the top of the dish vertical axis and the f/d setting?
Corrado, I will try, but don't know if I can get into an angle high enough to picture it. Maybe I can describe it somehow to you, once I look at it again myself! Sorry for the delay, I'll check on it when the sun rises Sat.

Corrado, I will try, but don't know if I can get into an angle high enough to picture it. Maybe I can describe it somehow to you, once I look at it again myself! Sorry for the delay, I'll check on it when the sun rises Sat.
UPDATED:
Corrado, I wasn't able to get a picture showing the mark on the lnbf, but maybe Sunday I can think of another way. I can tell you , on this Titanium c-lnbf, it has marks for -30 0 +30, Just put the zero mark in line with the polar axis of your mount, then compensate for the difference in magnetic north & true north, and you will be very very close. Here, my lnbf is just very slightly counter-clockwise of lining up exactly with the polar axis of the mount. So far it's working well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)