Me-tv goofing up lately?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
Anybody else having Me-tv problems with freezing/halting? Seems to happen any time of day or night, and I'm noticing lower signal levels on ME, compared to the other weigel channels on 101W, about 10pts lower. Other channels on this satellite play ok, even the religious channels and the scrambled ones seem to have higher signal levels. I think this has been on-going with me-tv, but lately seems to have been worse. At least for the last week or so.

I have, but I've also been messing with my dish a lot lately trying some new things out. Heroes and the religious channels play fine, the GV channels too, with good Q, but Me, Movies and Decades are unwatchable, low Q in the forties most of the time.

I figured that it must be my dish and once I'm done messing with it that I'd figure it out because I'm not having problems elsewhere across the arc, but maybe it's not the dish.

Personally I never have a problem with this channel. It's not a channel I watch very often, maybe that's why, but the times I do watch it, it always manages to play just fine.

I haven't noticed any differences but as I have mentioned in the past the signal is so strong here we get it on our OTA antenna. :biggrin

T, you may have already tried this, and it doesn't reall makes sense why it would help since it seems to be limited to that one tp, but I have cured weird stuff like this in the past by deleting that tp and rescanning.

One day this past week I noticed no signal on that transponder. I thought it was something that I had done since I had been trying out another dish. I couldn't check it out at the time but later on that day found everything back to normal. I haven't had any more issues out of it .

You might be getting some bleed from QVC on 103W degrading your signal. Might try one click to the east and see if it stabilizes.

The only trouble I've been having with ME is when I'm recording Rockford Files at noontime.It's not everyday and I haven't figured out whether it's TI or an adjacent signal problem.Other than that it seems to be fine the rest of the time.
Oh and Hogans Heros being MIA is a problem too :mad:

If I notice MeTV messing up on C band, I can quickly switch over to OTA and see what MeTV is doing there?

I have not seen any issues with either MeTV channel on 101W. I will pay close attention and report any anomalies I see if any.

Go out and retune for MeTv. I can remember I tuned for other transponders and MeTv sucked. Went back out and tuned for MeTv and all transponders were good. That was a while back and MeTv still rocks for me.

Try bumping the dish east and west until its better, I think that did it for me to get it in good finally. The sweet spot for MeTv is off from the other channels IIRC.

What size dish?
I have a 10' mesh dish.
Try bumping the dish east and west until its better, I think that did it for me to get it in good finally. The sweet spot for MeTv is off from the other channels IIRC.
I'll certainly do that. So basically, the signal quality of Me-TV will go up and the signal quality of the other channels will go down? What about the ABC and NBC feeds? How strong can you get those feeds? Because like Me-TV, all other channels come in besides those 2 (on their respective satellite).

Yes other s will go down some. I'm steady 58% on MeTv 67% on Movies and around 63% on most of the others. 10 footer too and zero issues with this sat, even during the worst weather. Long cable runs here too.

Yes other s will go down some. I'm steady 58% on MeTv 67% on Movies and around 63% on most of the others. 10 footer too and zero issues with this sat, even during the worst weather. Long cable runs here too.
Like I stated previous, what about the ABC feeds on G16 and the NBC feeds on AMC 18? Like Me-TV, both have a signal quality reading of about 10%. Would skew be a factor as well?

My lnbf for 105w G16 is 4 degrees off center, with 101w being the center. Steady 53% and never had issues. I have nothing pointed at 99w. All my dishes are stationary due to trees limiting the usefulness of motors for me . I'm in the woods with trees surrounding me closely.

Reactions: TheBUDGuy
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)