Media General Stations Removed from DISH, Agreement Reached

Surely you jest! Ever heard of Cheaha mountain?

Nice Wikipedia article on it, had no idea...:confused: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheaha_Mountain

The clerk at the ups store told me he was getting 30-40 dish boxes a day to be sent back. I can't help but to think that this is real bad for dish. 18 markets affected & over a month has passed by, I'll bet the real numbers are staggering. Being in the business I only had a small handful (could count on 1 hand) of dish activations in Oct. Directv activations on the other hand has broken records for me personally, more than I can do for weeks on end. Tomorrow is my 1st full day off in quite a while, phones are turned off & will stay that way until Mon morning. The saga continues........

This is getting old. Five weeks of NO football on CBS (WSPA) is getting old and our patience is wearing thin. Can we get some kind of compensation (free premiums and or sports) for the irritation caused by this nonsense. We want results!!

This is getting old. Five weeks of NO football on CBS (WSPA) is getting old and our patience is wearing thin. Can we get some kind of compensation (free premiums and or sports) for the irritation caused by this nonsense. We want results!!

You can possibly get a free OTA module and set up an antenna if your location permits.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Yes many people already have. As mentioned if you want one it could be a free OTA module. But there is plenty of programming DISH will give you for awhile, in addition to normally giving you at least a $5 credit for several months.

You could also (move) to the Charlotte locals.All of them are currently up.If you haven't already,I recommend contacting dish loyalty(888 683 6074),might get redzone channel for free.

Who do I pm to ask them to add premiums and sports as compensation for the WSPA/WCYW debacle?

Your best bet is to call dish loyalty(888 683 6074). They handle these situations better than a csr,and in most cases better than Dirt.

From what I've read on here, Dish and Young have a long term retrans agreement, so hopefully they should be back within a week or two.

Well they better get their act together because this has gone on long enough!!! I for one am getting tired of these disputes.

Get used to it! I'd say none of us enjoy losing channels. (Posting about it maybe. :) ) It happens with Direct TV and Cable too, even Roku has lost a few choices over content disputes.

Have OTA but without a guide, I have to do a manual recording for each program or group of programs without any identification as to what I recorded. It SUCKS< come guys get off your ass and do something.

Have OTA but without a guide, I have to do a manual recording for each program or group of programs without any identification as to what I recorded. It SUCKS< come guys get off your ass and do something.

HIMYM Monday 8 PM
2BG Monday 8:30 PM
TBBT Thursday 8 PM
The Millers Thursday 8:30 PM
The Crazy Ones Thursday 9 PM

Boom I'm done.

Wrong! No news is not good news when the stations are blacked out.
Now that the FCC denied Dishs request to block the merger between Young and Media General things should get real nasty.
Will Young Broadcastings 10 channels be blacked out any day now that they are also Media General?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)