MicroHD boot loop PC won't fix it

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

agarrett22

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 13, 2010
Terre haute, IN
Ok have tried all evening and have failed, Last weekend I put up my FTA KU dish and hooked up a MicroHD I got from a member here. I tuned it to 99W than decided to put in on 125W. When i came back after moving my dish i found the receiver in a boot loop. I did some looking on here for some help and determined I needed to get the USB serial cable. I bought one on ebay and got it today. I have tried uploading files with 2 different windows7 pcs and a virual windows xp pc. Each time i get to downloading the file to the receiver It tries to test the serial port. After about 10sec or so It give me a failed test message. I know I have the correct serial port selected. Any suggestions?

Gonna get Wally on here, to pick his brain he has used one more recently than I.

I think I was one of the first to go through this last Sept. and in my case the TX - RX pins were mislabeled and reversed on the USB to serial TTL device. Once that was figured out, it worked the first time.

here is what the device manager says, I tried re-installing the driver with no success ether. Have to check the cables this afternoon after church.
? dm.png

Did you use the zip from tvro.us/USB.zip?

Glad you got it going I was getting worried. :)

agarrett22 said:
Figured it out and have it going now, The RX wire one the usb had come off the board. Thanks for the help guys.

The wire on the PCB came off? Those are from a new supplier not good Grrrr.

Please confirm.

Thanks for info Mr. Garrett. Got to check the new boards out.

I have been wanting to build a pic based flasher so no pc required.
?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts