GEOSATpro microHD: MFEBL (My First Endless Boot Loop)

Balock

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
May 4, 2006
Beebe, AR
My microHD went into an endless boot loop this morning, apparently caused by the same/similar events as described in this thread. In my case: I re-positioned an LNBF (SL1PLL) on my T55 antenna from 103W to 101W this morning and successfully scanned in the Pentagon Channel and a few others with ~70% quality. Using only the uHD, I then unchecked 103W in the Satellite List menu and proceeded to the Channel List to delete the 103W channels. It was at this point that the uHD started rebooting. Disconnecting power and even the coax has not resolved it.

Details:
Firmware: Can't recall the version/date, but the latest (at least v13 or greater) prior to the current version Brian is now/soon releasing, updated via Satellite. It's been several months and I can't recall if I performed a factory reboot or not after the update.
Possible corrupted udf file? Shouldn't be...I haven't been using the PC editors. To be honest, I played around with them 5-6 months ago and maybe uploaded a user.udf file from them once, but it would've been built from a newer (v13+) download from the uHD. I have been using the uHD menus since then with no problem.
Just last week I (in the uHD menus) had deleted all channels and rescanned all my sats after tweaking the T55 and its LNBFs

I <should> have the user.udf I backed up prior to the last firmware update, just need to look on the external drive. I think it was also from a v13+ release...is there a way I can tell from looking in the file--hex mode if necessary?

Brian, are my only options at this point to either get the TTL cable and load the default user.udf or to send it back to you for service? If this is somehow unrelated to the well-known udf corruption, would it be useful for you to have the receiver in-hand or are you even interested in chasing that down?

Regards,

Sorry to hear about the problem. I know it can be frustrating!!!

Yes, the two options are to either purchase the USB/TTL converter and use ALI Editor to load a current microHD .udf file or send it in to have our bench techs perform the .udf load. We will waive the bench fee and return shipping charge if you chose to send it to our support team.

Since there are some questions as to the firmware version and the .udf history, we have no need to test at our facility, unless you want to know...

Please call our support department if you wish to RMA for the .udf loading and firmware update. 888-483-4673, M-F, 7:30am - 4pm, PT. we are closed today to give our employees a 4 day holiday weekend.

Thanks, Brian. I went ahead and ordered a cable plus a couple of new LNBFs from the gotcband site.

Regards,

I received the cable and one of the LNBFs today (the other was drop-shipped and should arrive tomorrow after I've left town on business)...thanks, Dave! After following the instructions listed in another thread, my microHD is back up and running and scanning the channels back in so now the VisionSat can go back to sleep :)

Maybe I can find some time to test my issue with the LPB transponder on 87W one of these days...just haven't had the time to dedicate to it as it's not a high priority for me.

Regards,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts