MLB 2009 Season

No way he gets MVP consideration. He played less than half the season in the NL and the way Albert is playing, he is the runaway winner as of now.

I said the SAME THING about CC Sabathing last year...and he DID get some consideration, coming in 6th when he played HALF of the season. IF the Cards do not make the playoffs or is bounced out early and Phils go to the World Series again and Lee has a smiliar type show...something in the 10-0/11-1 type thing....he will DEFINATELY get some MVP love.

Another gem for Cliff Lee

Howard homers twice, Lee brilliant again as Phillies down Mets - MLB - CBSSports.com

He's now 5-0 with a 0.68 ERA since the trade.....*sigh*

Grrrrr. :rant:

For the record, I'm rooting for a Yankee vs. Philly World Series.

As a Cleveland fan, I've become emotionally numb, so in some sort of sick, twisted way, maybe seeing our 2 former Cy Youngers dueling it out on the biggest stage on a different team will instill some sort of emotion back in me as a Baseball fan. Even if that emotion is anger and jealousy, I'll take it. Because right now, I'm completely apathetic.

Way to keep it classly, Pap

This guy has to be one of the most unlikeable players in the game....If you haven't heard the soundbite, here's what he said about the Sox acquiring Billy Wagner:

"What has he done? Has he pitched this year?" Jonathan Papelbon told WEEI.com. "Is he ready to pitch or is he not? ... I think our bullpen is good where we're at right now. Don't get me wrong. But I guess you could always make it better. It's kind of like the [Eric] Gagne thing, I guess."
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4417456"]Jonathan Papelbon lukewarm on possible Billy Wagner deal - ESPN[/ame]

....and remember Gagne was a disaster in Boston.

This guy has to be one of the most unlikeable players in the game....If you haven't heard the soundbite, here's what he said about the Sox acquiring Billy Wagner:

Jonathan Papelbon lukewarm on possible Billy Wagner deal - ESPN

....and remember Gagne was a disaster in Boston.
Nice try, but that's Papelbon's quote when he first heard about the possibility of Wagner coming to Boston, from a reporter who asked him about it. Here's had a small change of heart since then... ;)

Boston Red Sox - Red Sox closer Papelbon to welcome Wagner with open arms - The Boston Globe

To me it looks like an insincere backtrack by Paps.....we'll never know the truth.
Your boss is thinking of hiring someone who does the same exact job you do, but they have more experience and make more money. You find out from someone other than your boss. How would you initially react??

I am willing to bet before closing day Physco goes into the stands at Wrigley after these hecklers. He WILL snap, that much is guaranteed...just how much of a fireworks display we'll see is to be determined.

I just hope I get to catch it "live"!!!!!!!:p

Competition never hurt anyone and he is THE closer on this team. Pitchers and Wide Recievers HAVE to be the two sports positions with the biggest complexes in all of sports. Add Papelbon to my list of prima dona list....:rolleyes:
You mean this guy?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu43lbTrvOQ]YouTube - Redsox Dancefest[/ame]

What a dork....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts