MLB 2013 Season

I heard a lot more about Trout than I did about Harper.

I think it was in different context though.

Both are very good players...
Harper is more of a "Look" what I did type guy.

Trout, gets the limelight because, of his play, he doesn't go looking for it, at least from what I can tell from afar.

We heard a lot more of Trout in the tail end of the year as he and Cabrera went at it down the stretch, I think is why ...

My point all along, is lets see if they (either of them) can do it consistantly.

Cabrera's number for last year are the USUAL for him, not his best and not his worst.

Exciting Inside-The-Park HR won the game for the Gaints yesterday over the Rockies. It was really good game.
As a Dodgers fan I despise the Giants. But I do have to admit that was one of the most exciting walk offs I have ever seen.

Not THE most, but ONE of the most

According to the ESPN play-by-play log, David Ortiz just stole third base. That gives him the second highest single season stolen base total (one) in his long career...

He just did it again!! Do you realize how fuggin' absurd this is? Most major leaguers go through their entire careers without stealing third base twice in the same season!

From ESPN.com play-by-play:

Boston - Bottom of 9th

SCORE
Code:
Chris Perez pitching for Cleveland

CLE BOS
C Perez relieved C Allen.                             5 2 
D Pedroia walked.                                     5 2 
D Ortiz doubled to deep center, D Pedroia to third.   5 2 
M Napoli grounded out to shortstop, D Pedroia scored. 5 3 
D Ortiz stole third.

Of course, it is possible that the official scoring wil be changed to "defensive indifference" in the final box score.

Last edited:
He just did it again!! Do you realize how fuggin' absurd this is? Most major leaguers go through their entire careers without stealing third base twice in the same season!

Boston - Bottom of 9th

SCORE
Code:

CLE BOS
D Ortiz stole third.

Of course, it is possible that the official scoring wil be changed to "defensive indifference" in the final box score.

I hate "defensive indifference" ...

You stole the base, regardless whether they threw down to get you out or not, it should still count as a stolen base.

I don't get the gimmick for the DBacks. They have a street fair going on between games. Nothing better than to be forced to go outside, out of the A/C stadium and onto the streets when it's 100 degrees. And...who in their right mind would go to two games and a street fair the day before work?

I'm betting on cheap seats at stub hub for game 2, so that's where I'll be Monday night.

Boston - Bottom of 9th

SCORE
Code:

CLE BOS
D Ortiz stole third.

Not really DI, it was an uncovered base as the Indians were in a shift toward the right side for Saltalamacchia.

Battle of the Head Cases tonight at Dodger Stadium. Dodgers are playing like an AA team. But it is the psyche on the mound that will win or lose this game.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)