MLBEI WTF?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think part of what you are seeing is the time of year. DirecTV often uses Rogers Sportsnet and Cox Cable 4 (Toronto and San Diego) feeds during the summer. This weekend they had to air games for NBA and NHL at the same time. That means lots of alternate feeds.

When there are lots of the "Plus" or "Alternate" type feeds on the RSN channels is when we usually don't see the MLB exclusive feeds that are not regularly on the RSN channels (either due to that RSN not being carried or being international).

I would expect less of this in a few weeks as we get past the first round of the NHL playoffs.

I also forgot about the Masters going on in Golf, which I think had six extra feeds of HD used.

It is probably one of the most demanding bandwidth weekends for sports of the year for Directv.

Calling MLB about a blackout is a waste of time. At least for me it was.

I am In Chicago. The Giants / Dodgers and the Giants / Padres were blacked out. I called Directv; they said they do not control blackouts. MLB blacked out those games.

I called MLB. I spoke to someone in the Public Relations Dept. I was told of course they did blackout those games "We would not blackout in Illinois games between two west coast teams."

I called back Directv and spoke with a supervisor. He said the person I spoke with at MLB was wrong. Directv did not blackout those games – MLB did.

I then e-mailed Ellen Filipiak, Sr. VP of Customer Care. She said the problem was referred to the appropriate parties at Directv; and the issue has been resolved and future Giant games will not be blackout. Since then the Giant games have not been blackedout

DirecTV has no control in blackouts, the Sports leagues are the ones making the rules on blackouts.

DirecTV has no control in blackouts, the Sports leagues are the ones making the rules on blackouts.

Yes, the sports leagues make the black rules.

However, it is Directv’s responsibility to make sure the rules are properly implemented. The games that should be blackout are blackout. And the games that should not be blacked out are not blacked out.

I know for a fact that this baseball season on MLB EI Directv has blacked out games that should not have been blacked out.

Yes the blackout rules are a mess and not the same for everyone. This year I opted for MLB.TV after reading all the positives. I have 18MB connection and Ethernet connection to my HR22 which I use Playon and NEXTDEF plug in to get HD feed. The picture is find for me.

Just recorded on my phone part of the Roxs and Mets game broadcasting on MLB.TV through my PS3 and TV going on right now. Notice there is no blocking, pixelation, or blur. The only thing off in the video is the color, contrast, ex, but that is due to the phone video quality, not the PS3, MLB, or TV video quality

[video]http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/DodgerKing/?action=view&current=IMG_0132.mp4[/video]

Sorry for the movement of the camera. I was looking for my PS3 remote while I was recording

I just added the MLB package, which I've never had before. I live in Raleigh, NC and am part of Baltimore's market, whose games are shown on MASN. I have the select plan that's $40, so I don't get that channel or WGN. They are playing the White Sox in Chicago this weekend. I'm a long time Sox fan, so I was planning to watch the game tonight. Channel 734 I'm guessing was the Baltimore feed because I got message 727 that the game was blacked out and available on my local sports channel (MASN). However, the game is also being broadcast in Chicago, which isn't my market, so I figured I could see the game on 733-1. But it is showing the 721 message. I called DTV and got nowhere with them. I guess even though the game is in Chicago, I can't watch because they're playing the Orioles? I'm not off to a good start with this plan.

Because you are in the Baltimore "claimed" market that is the reason
-the Baltimore feed is usually a remap of the RSN, which in your case you dont have
-the Chicago feed is blacked out because they are playing the team that claims your area. When the freeview was (beginning of year) I was blacked out of the opponent feed (I'm in Minnesota) of the Twins

On DTV's schedule last night, they only listed the Baltimore feed on the MLB EI channel lineup. Today, they are listing a Baltimore feed on channel 737-1 and a Chicago feed on 738-1. Is it possible I'll get to see the Chicago feed today?

averagejoe78 said:
On DTV's schedule last night, they only listed the Baltimore feed on the MLB EI channel lineup. Today, they are listing a Baltimore feed on channel 737-1 and a Chicago feed on 738-1. Is it possible I'll get to see the Chicago feed today?

No. You have to upgrade to a Total Choice package since Baltimore is your local team.

Any game featuring Baltimore will be blacked out
The opponent feed will be blacked out
The home feed is from MASN/MASN2 which you didnt sub to

Now if you added the sports pack, then you will get those MASN feeds

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts