MLBEI WTF?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just got off the phone with a D* rep who said that the Blue Jays-Angels game was pulled by MLB and the Dodgers-Padres game was listed, as he said it, as "to be determined". I can't imagine why it was pulled by MLB but then again I have yet to figure out how this package is constructed. Thanks to all who replied tonight ...

Dodger, is that a program that is only available on the computer ?
I don't want to watch TV on my computer screen when I have the 60" Plasma behind me.
Any computer with internet access, most mobile devices and tablets, and other internet streaming devices such as PS3, Roku, many BR players, AppleTV, ex. Yes, you can watch it on your 60" plasma. I watch it on my 42" LCD in HD through my PS3.

Just got off the phone with a D* rep who said that the Blue Jays-Angels game was pulled by MLB and the Dodgers-Padres game was listed, as he said it, as "to be determined". I can't imagine why it was pulled by MLB but then again I have yet to figure out how this package is constructed. Thanks to all who replied tonight ...

This verifies it being a MLB issue ....
Thanks for the reply smaug07, you wouldn't believe how many come asking for answers , the issue gets resolved and they never come back to say it is fixed ... consequently a thread will often go on and on when the situation was resolved long ago.

Any computer with internet access, most mobile devices and tablets, and other internet streaming devices such as PS3, Roku, many BR players, AppleTV, ex. Yes, you can watch it on your 60" plasma. I watch it on my 42" LCD in HD through my PS3.

Cool, didn't know that.
I have Wii, internet accessible BR player or other items to stream it.
I have an 8 mg internet connection via my modem/router, how would it get to my TV in my instance ?

Cool, didn't know that.
I have Wii, internet accessible BR player or other items to stream it.
I have an 8 mg internet connection via my modem/router, how would it get to my TV in my instance ?
Looks like I was wrong about the Wii. I don't think the Wii can do it

Not all BR players have the MLB.TV APP, and those that do, the PQ can vary greatly.

From what I have read the PS3 and the Roku have the best PQ on the TV. It also depends on how consistent your internet is, 8 mbps should be enough, but if you do not get a consistent 5 megs or more, your picture could be choppy, blocky, pixelated, or a combination of those.

I use a PS3 and have 15 to 30 mbps consistent speed through my provider. I will still get the occasional blur or pixelation, but it is far and few

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/devices.jsp

Last edited:
My issue was this is the third thread discussing a game being on / not being on in the last week.
Ain't a Damn thing any of us can do about it, might help to call D* and ask them why ...

That said, I agree with you, if your paying for the package, ALL games should be on as well as with NO Black Outs.

I have to agree with that statement. Paying over $250.00 for the service you should get what you pay for.

I spent much of the Angels game on the phone with customer no service. After resetting twice, changing channels, reauthorizing, running a system test, resetting again, he finally told me the game wasn't on because it was on Fox. Ya, right, at 8:00 PM PDT on Saturday Fox had a game on. Of course they didn't. I tuned to Fox, told him there was no game, and he said "Well, they have the rights to it, so we can't show it". I had been on the phone for over an hour, so I didn't even get to ask about the Dodgers game. I live in Seattle's broadcast region, so that wasn't it. Every online and live guide that DTV had said both games were on, but they were not. Bottom line is, the reps on the phone have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. What a frustrating night. I feel totally defeated. You can not win.:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Complaints should be sent to MLB as its their F'd up system.. I can't fault 1st line CSRs for not knowing the dumb BO rules created by the leagues.

Could you find a better word to describe Directv other than the "r word" please? I take great offense at that word. Anyone with a mentally handicapped child would also.

Last edited by a moderator:
It couldn't have been fixed if I was able to quote it in the offending form. I'm using my phone and the mobile app so I don't have the ability to copy and paste anything. I can't edit his post either, so I fail to see where I'm at fault? I have experienced errors when trying to report a post or post a comment. Don't know if its my network or satguys.

it looks like I was editing it when you were quoting it so the quote beat the edit ;)

but its fixed now

You act as if a word displayed on a computer screen can somehow harm you, but I realize people are often (selectively) over sensitive to certain words and I apologize. Maybe I was still angry and dejected and wasn't thinking straight. Thanks for editing me. Sorry.

Now, I must completely disagree however with the rep not understanding the blackout rules. The issue last night with both the Dodger and Angel games WAS NOT A BLACKOUT ISSUE by the way. That is what they say as a last resort when they have no clue. It gets them off the hook and you off the phone, yet they still keep the money I gave them for a service. They win every time. If I pay every month for a service, then give over 200 bucks above and beyond for baseball, then the people I give my money to (dtv) should at least be able to explain why I'm not able to get what I thought I purchased. If the game is blocked, I accept that, but the people I pay better be able to explain exactly why, not "It's on Fox. Oh, it isn't? then it's blacked out but I don't know why". I was emailed a link to the blackout rules and neither game applied. I do not live anywhere near either Anaheim or San Diego, and the Angel game started after 9:00 PM EDT which is well past the Fox blackout rule that my friendly rep sent me, almost as if to prove himself wrong, after I hung up of course.

The other issue that bothered me was on the sat program guide, on the dtv website schedule, on the dtv website extra innings schedule, on the scoreguide app that pops up when I push the red button, AND on the dtv app on my android phone, both games were listed as being on mlb ei channels 138 and 139. If they were blacked out, you would think someone there would know it and it just wouldn't be listed anywhere. That way, we would have known they were not on. I can accept that.

One more thing. The message that came up when I tried to watch the Angel game was 721 channel not purchased, please call us to resolve. It was NOT anything about a possible blackout. The rep told me that in the info he sent me, it clearly states that sometimes the 721 error comes up. I read it, and it clearly does not. Again, his goal was to get me out of his hair, which he did. It no doubt counts on some report as a resolved problem and a brownie point for him assuming he lasts until his next performance review. I assume the turnover rate of call taker/script readers must be horrendous.

If I had that job, I would demand to be trained on all of the rules of blackouts, and I would want a daily report of which games were blocked and why. That way, I might sound semi-competent on the phone. But then, why would anyone care about that? It all pays the same.

Rant over. Back in my hole now. Go Angels! Go Dodgers!

I

I thought the possible reason given was local rights by KCAL, KCOP and COX4, not blackout. Oh well, if you cant get any satisfaction, call MLB as they are the ones that make it all so damn hard to figure out no matter who you are; even Einstein would have said "SCREW IT"

I agree, why didn't you call MLB , it's them that make the rules, black out or otherwise.
Also, something you said about the listings on the website and on the mobile and the screen being wrong, you said :

"both games were listed as being on mlb ei channels 138 and 139. If they were blacked out, you would think someone there would know it and it just wouldn't be listed anywhere."

They cannot remove it from the guide for a Black out seeing if it happens to be BO in your it usually is NOT BL in other areas, if they took it off the screen, others would not know it was available.

The Guide screens are NATION WIDE, not locally done ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)