Monsters-HD: Movies Reviews

rudolpht

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 12, 2003
monsters.gif

Texas Chainsaw Massacre on Tonight at 8PM
If you are a fan of this stuff (this one scares the wits out of mew and I'm not usually phased by other bloodfests.

Also The Vanishing (original is on Epics). Cool Thriller, if you liked the US version, you'll really like the original.

Now a gripe - the Epics channel should be Epics, not Thrillers, not small family dramas, not euro-trash dramas. It should be things like Quo Vadis, The Vikings, Cromwell, Battle of the Bulge, Patton, etc. More truth in advertising.

Tim

Tim, did you see the Texas... I came late home and started watching it at 8:30 pm and was getting a lot of pixelation due to losing the satellite signal. The little I saw I though it was not an amazing transfer but a somewhat typical film transfer. The one thing I liked was that they showed the preview of the one in the theater now.

Second one it's almost finishing. The film transfer is excellent but the movie has a lot to be desired for my taste. Great film transfer not a fan of this particular movie!!!

Monsters-HD: Movies Review

Night of the Demons 2 on Monster-HD playing now...
I will check this out. It is playing right now...

Awesome HD transfer. I thought for a moment that the blood was spilled on my floor. Very 3-D like. Movie was great too. Gorgeous girls undressed...:)

^#$%@# Sean, I want my VOOM!!!!

Actually pretty soon, Installs called yesterday, regional center received my equipment, and then overnighted it to installer. (They said they did this to get it to me faster, and they paid extra to do it) Installer 30 miles away, should receive today, and my new appointment is Monday at 2PM, I may be a Voomer SOON!!! WOO HOO!!

I like this channel. I like the introduction to the film plus the movie trailers of current horror movies. I believe George Romero (Night of the Living Dead and so many others) is in charge of the content of this channel. He was introduced at the Press Conference as the person most responsible for the Channel. Great channel. I am watching DEAD ALIVE. Not a great transfer but still good and the movie seems to be interested. Can't wait to see the end of Night of the Demons 2. I did not see the end this afternoon.

December 10: WHEN MONSTER ANIMALS ATTACKOn Monster -HD....

December 10: WHEN MONSTER ANIMALS ATTACK -- nature runs amok in a movie marathon featuring monster bears (Grizzly), sharks (Tintorera), bugs (Bug) and octopus (Tentacles and Octaman).

I missed it last night! I did not see when it is going to be shown again. Please post if you find out. Too much survivor last night... I hope next survivor is HD...

What, a channel with good content that isn't repeated as naseum??? Could Voom actually be providing unique content. :)

I only wish epics showed epics the way that Monsters is focused and providing a good sampling. Even though much of horror is schlock, it's fun schlock in a grotesque kinda' way.

Tim,

I like Monster. The movies I have seen there are excellent transfers. I love the introduction to each movie. The movies themselves show you blood splashing like you never seen before. It will be great to see more recent horror flicks. I would love to see an entire festival of friday the 13th. It will be also great if they could get a hold of "Wrong Turn". Have they shown "Night of the Living Dead" yet. I would love to see once more and all the others that followed... In a nutshell great channel...

A new look

I watched the Evil Dead on a Sunday afternoon (2:00pm EST - 12/14). I've seen it a million times but it was a new experience watching as HD. Was very pleased. Hope Voom broadcasts Evil Dead 2 and 3. :D

Monster-HD 12/31 & 1/1: NEW YEAR'S EVIL MARATHON

it's a Super Psycho Bowl of horror films featuring movie maniacs Michael Myers (Halloween 4 and Halloween 5), Jason Voorhees (Friday The 13th Part V: A New Beginning, Friday The 13th Part VI: Jason Lives, and Friday The 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan), and Leatherface (Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, and Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3).

An American Werewolf in London Tuesday December 30th, 10:30am & 7pm, Wednesday December 31st 12am.

Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers: Wednesday December 31st 6am, 2:30pm

Halloween 5: Wednesday December 31st 7:30am, 4pm

Friday the 13th, Part V: A New Beginning: Wednesday December 31st 9am, 6pm

Friday the 13th, Part VI: Jason Lives: Wednesday December 31st 11:30am, 8pm

Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan: Wednesday December 31st 1pm, 10 pm

P.S. Changed the title...

12/25 (Christmas): ZILLA THRILLA CHRISTMAS

12/25 (Christmas): ZILLA THRILLA CHRISTMAS
A double, double feature with Japan's favorite radioactive monster, Godzilla, and Japan's favorite flying turtle, Gamera. Titles airing include Godzilla vs. The Thing, Godzilla vs. Monster Zero, Gamera: Attack of Legion and Gamera: Revenge of Iris.

-----
I am not a fan of these type of movies but some people are... MONSTER=HD

Wow! they are showing subspecies I, II, & III this afternoon and this evening. I watched part of I and II entirely. Now III will be shown in a few minutes. Loved II and getting ready to watch III. Excellent PQ.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)