More Bad Customer Service

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That is lame. Even the tech said she should have the fee waived.

This is basic contract law. She agreed to buy a service. Directv did not provide the service. Every invoice is a misrepresentation.

However, the push to keep a high completion rate has made some installation companies crazy.
And some customers start out that way. They do not care or listen to the first conversation about trees and signal. This one should probably have been dumped as NO LINE OF SIGHT, INSTALLATION CANCELED!

The next headline will be DIRECTV INSTALLER CUTS DOWN SACRED TREE.

Joe

Not one tech, but 5 different techs out there trying to get it to work.

I have a follow up question. When i signed up for DirectTV, I didn't sign any contracts. I didn't sign anything before or after installation either. So does that mean I am technically on month to month?

Not one tech, but 5 different techs out there trying to get it to work.

I have a follow up question. When i signed up for DirectTV, I didn't sign any contracts. I didn't sign anything before or after installation either. So does that mean I am technically on month to month?

When you activate service, that is your commitment.

Directv is trying to nickle and dime everyone and forcing them into these two year contracts, (they are not the only ones (cough dish) ) If these satellite companys provided such a good product, no one would want to leave them. So why not not offer a contract anyhow. Cable company's, and other company's such as uverse and fios dont offer contracts and offer free equipment. While I understand that there is a cost assocaited with making equipment. But with Fios especally their product is so good, that nobody cancel's when it comes to their tv service. Once Uverse gets pair bonding, they may very well be in the same boat as fios. (wich uverse is expanding like crazy)

Irreguardless, directv did not hold up their end of the deal and they failed to provide service to this lady at no fault of her own. In the video of the story, Directv told the lady to cut down her neighbors tree. That is more wrong than a bunch of half naked high heal whearing guys changing tires on danaka patricks car! Directv needs to take a serious look at what they are doing, and where this company is going. Its tanking quicker than dish was. Atleast dish, realized and put a game plan together allthough the low dish experanced might have been apart of that game plan. The question is can directv pick themselfs up, or will we see subs to start shedding like we did from dish.

In my opinion the correct thing for DirecTV to have done was when the TV station called and they investigated the issue and saw that 5 techs couldn't get it working was say,
"We here at DirecTV have looked over this case and have agreed to let the customer out of her commitment. We are sorry for the problem that this billing issue has caused."

That would have been the correct thing to do, she is not trying to weasel her way out of anything, the service just dont work.

Crap company ( kinder words that I regretfully had to use here ) with crap business standards. Directv just like Dishnetwork has minimum requirements for installation to include locating the dish in a location to insure consistent and reliable service with a minimum signal level to also insure a consistent and reliable service. When you sign a contract for service you have a reasonable expectation that your service will work as described by the company that your doing business with. All sat and cable and telco service providers air commercials and run add campaigns extolling the rock solid reliability of their service over that of their competitors and it is this advertising that gives to the reasonable expectation that when you sign a contract that your system is going to work.

How does the installation company leave without a good signal?

Exactly my thoughts.

Why would you install a dish in the first place if you cannot get a signal?
Even if their were signals at the time, a good tech would know that it may be a problem in the future. It looks like the install company was after a quick buck.

But, even if the installer was at fault DTV should have done what Scott said a few posts up.

I called yesterday to see what they had in their records as my contact expiration date. they tiold me it was Sept. 2010. I activated my service in October of 2007 and got a defective receiver replaced in September 2008. Apparently they restarted my agreement. I insisted they look and see that I returned a H20 right after I activated the one that was replaced. Thety eventually saw that I was right. Then she started to say that I am under agreemeent until May 2011 because I had all my equipment upgraded in May. I stated that that was becaude they were moving my locals off of 72.5. After more investigating she said that I was right. She then escalated my case up to get the date changed to Nov 2009. They are trying very hard to lock people in it seems.

How does the installation company leave without a good signal?

Usually not,
The minimum on all transponders is 70. A wise tech will not begin an installation or attempt to activate a system with bad weather in the area; impossible to tune accurately.

Signals in the 90s are not hard to hit. You loose picture in the 40s. The HD channels go first. The problems come from putting the dish in a poor location.

What does happen is the HSPs and or Directv send "road crews" into an area to increase or catch up on installations. These guys blow through, doing the ez jobs and shooting the dish through trees with no leaves due to winter conditions. Come Spring surprise, surprise; no signal.

Joe

In my opinion the correct thing for DirecTV to have done was when the TV station called and they investigated the issue and saw that 5 techs couldn't get it working was say,
"We here at DirecTV have looked over this case and have agreed to let the customer out of her commitment. We are sorry for the problem that this billing issue has caused."

That would have been the correct thing to do, she is not trying to weasel her way out of anything, the service just dont work.

Scott,

It is the middle level managers. They are terrified of what might happen if they send bad news up stairs. My contacts are only with a few HSP offices but I can recognize the symptoms. They would rather hard-ass a tech or customer into accepting a poor situation than taking an effective step...like admitting a problem even exists.

The Titanic had these types aboard. Even after they hit the iceberg they inspected to see that the deck chairs were ready for happy hour. Someone at a low level got a good completion rate out of this one while someone wearing a suite had to eat an indefensible position....on TV.

Good one!

Joe

I believe that the poor practice of all sat companies Dish and direct will lead to them going the way of sat radio---struggling to stay alive and becoming useless.

I dont know who the hell they got but it is clear we have an ecf tool for determining a ecf reversal

I assumming the follwing

She was a new customer

She had the SFSS issue for a wile and multiple visited failed and it been escalated to case management and still failed to reslove

Then I can authorize an ECF reversal

But if not all the step were went through to begin with it makes it harder. Some Agents/Sup wont put them selves in the shoes of the customer.

But if what I said is tru in terms it was escated to case management and it been done like that there should not be an ECF.

That is lame. Even the tech said she should have the fee waived.

The tech was completely out of his jurisdiction when he wrote that. He has no power whatsoever with regards to that.

With that said, I do agree Direct needs to let this one go. The negative PR and backlash from this is going to do more harm than good (needs of the many outweigh everything else).:mad:

The tech was completely out of his jurisdiction when he wrote that. He has no power whatsoever with regards to that.

With that said, I do agree Direct needs to let this one go. The negative PR and backlash from this is going to do more harm than good (needs of the many outweigh everything else).:mad:

bottom line as long as case managment was involved in and the issue still was not taken care of she would of been ok. It right there in our own Early term fee tool.

See like most things were not getting the full picture. I would really like to see the account before I say too much else. But as long as the approrit sets wer taken before hand then yes dtv would waive the ECF

I didn't say he has jurisdiction. I said that he was confirming she was in the right to get a refund.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts