MORE NEWS: Another Board CVC Meeting set for 1/31/05? Nothing Reported yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott Greczkowski said:
Please lets keep the subject on VOOM and not how people spell or type... (I am the worst one here at both) :D

Just got a call and was told "The VOOM story is not done yet."

I have no idea what that means but I do know that VOOM will be advertising here next month.

Do you mind if I ask who was it that called? If you do I completely understand and will leave it at that.

May be there is a "White Knight" ( per rang1995 terminology) or a "King" or a "Santa" or just a... looming in the dark :)... The Story continues... Advertising Continues on Satelliteguys.us.

I would like to say thanks to all of the " VOOMER"s I'm sorry that i'm not very good at gramar, but I'm very good at Satellites and Programing: after having Every Satellite programer that's been in the Sky I can say without any doubt that Next to " C-band" there is no other service better as of this Date then " VOOM ", Unless we all move to Canada and order " BEV " they might be the best in the sky, Again let me have a pass on my Gramar and spelling, both of I'm poor at>. Let's hope " VOOM Stay's for just 1 more Month".

Sean Mota said:
May be there is a "White Knight" ( per rang1995 terminology) or a "King" or a "Santa" or just a... looming in the dark :)... The Story continues... Advertising Continues on Satelliteguys.us.

It's bad when the moderators have as much fun as the Trolls. Come on Sean, quit dangling the carrot in front of our faces. I know you guys know something but don't want to divulge. Just a hint?

I do not believe the story is done either. First, I am a new Voomer. I just received the system on Jan 19 and after some initial trouble, the system is working great. I have been a Dish man for over 5 years and I believe the Voom picture on SD is better. Of course, I got Voom for the HD. My son works at Sears and he talked to the Voom Rep 2 days ago. He was told that they are up to 40,000 Subs and that all plans that the service had in effect were still a go. That included the extra channels in March and the DVR. Of course, sometimes the Reps are the last to know, but maybe something is up. I hope so. I would hate to lose this great picture even though I am only out $1.05.

Sean Mota said:

:yes :D :) ;) :yes :p :cool:

Maybe Scott and Sean have secretly purchased VOOM. They will use the satellite in Stargazer's avatar to continue the service. There will also be free ice cream on Wednesday nights.

Congrats to Raylessans for his new "Room with a Voom" and welcome to the Voom forum.

To everybody else... It is amazing how my mood, and I guess everybody else's, hangs on every thread of evidence one way or another about Voom's future: A store stops carrying Voom... That's bad. Everybody gets depressed. But wait!!! The reps and CSRs are saying that the DVR and announced new channels are still coming in March! That's great! Everybody is hopeful and excited!

This story of Voom is more exciting than anything on Voom. We are characters in the plot! :) :(

Back to topic, it will be very interesting to see what comes out on Monday. Everybody here will either be depressed again or ecstatic!

This emotional roller coaster will either have me in therapy or drinking/smoking more than I need too...

Scott must have been impressed enough to take the advertising. Translated...that means he had assurance of cash.

Maybe there is hope...but I have felt for a while that VOOM would go under. If it does it such a shame. If they do pull the plug I would hope they would continue service to End Feb or the current mth. It would be a black eye on Cablevision....but if they really want to dump it now they could.

Thatz weigh two phuneeee :)

I can't imagine why they would even bother going through the expense of paying developers to write a timebomb. Just turn off the uplink. And really, if you go out of business, do you really even CARE what anyone does with what used to be your equipment after that?

Prahbublee knot. :)

Lob

I had a box replaced today and the Voom guy said to me that it "was business as usual" (must be something they told them to say in a memo) and that eventually it may become a merger. Do you think that maybe Voom was selling off the satellite and maybe with just transmit a signal on some leased transponders so at least they get some money back to try to offset any losses?

VOOM is dead... ::CLICK:: ::BANG!::

They sold their freakin' #1 satellite.

A bum on skid row could buy VOOM now. There is nothing much left other than some spare parts and a bunch of lawsuits to settle.

Maybe I will get a t-shirt that says, "KA-VOOM!"

hehdaddy said:
VOOM is dead... ::CLICK:: ::BANG!::

They sold their freakin' #1 satellite.

A bum on skid row could buy VOOM now. There is nothing much left other than some spare parts and a bunch of lawsuits to settle.

Maybe I will get a t-shirt that says, "KA-VOOM!"

WTF...Why are you so strong about wanting VOOM to die? Something strange with this bird. You just have no undertanding of how a deal can work in stages. The fat lady didn't sing. She might. But thankfully, you can't say that from actual fact.

LIVE WITH IT OR DIE BY THE VOOM SWORD!undefined

ITS NOT DEAD YET!!!!! It almost seems as if you are waiting for the big I told you so!! There are a lot people that could loose their jobs if this folds! They have more to worry about than whether or not you can can watch HD TV!! Have a heart! Lets not bury us until the body is cold!!

I was billed through Feb. 19th and Voom has been paid today. If Voom is to shut down on 2/1/05. I would definitely like a refund! Personally I will really miss Voom if its really gone. I actually do enjoy the HD originals... My two favorites are Kung FU & Gallery HD. I also have dish but I'm definitely not impressed they bought the sat from Voom. I'm afraid they will make a Shopping network channel in HD! Real bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)