More Problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rowdy235

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
Okay, so I think I have a actuator on the way, thats good.

However it appears as though now my servo has crapped out. And also my cheap-o LNB has been geting worse and worse. So I'm thinking about going new horn/lnb all together. My question is, does an LNBF eliminate the need for a servo? And how so? If its nothing major to modify, I'll go that route, had too many servo problems in the past.

Thanks everybody in advance.

that sounds correct , they have one with scaler and one without
it might slide into your existing scaler ( i don't know cause i don't have one)
no servo . its also a c-band only unit

also the 4dtv (dsr-920) won't like a bandstacked lnbf

If you want to go with an LNBF it uses coax voltage to switch polarities (H or V) instead of a motor like your servo.

Assuming you are running C-band only and not KU, most C-band lnbf's (standard type) would be fine.

Your 4DTV will NOT work with a band stacked lnbf. Most FTA receivers will.

If you are going to use KU band also (C and ku feedhorn) with a c-band and Ku band lnb, you would be much better off performance wise to stay with a servo type feedhorn and good quality lnbs to get the best signal.

C-band only lnbf's work great. I have an old astrotel Precision Gold 20 degree that will lock the hardest to get signals.

Stay far far far away from those C/ku combo lnbf's. The ku side of them did not work real well for me. They lack performance compared to a good feedhorn w/servo motor and seperate lnbs.

Dish's holes are too big for Ku, plus I don't have another wire run so, no need for a Ku horn
okay so in other words that one won't work? Bandstacked? Can somebody give me a link to one that will? For somewhat cheap?

Status
Please reply by conversation.