Motorola fixes rehit and guide problems.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

judg724

Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Midwest (Rockford Area)
It appears, at least for me, Motorola has solved the problems with not being able to receive rehits, and the guide not loading. :) I haven't been able to receive any rehits since Jan. 5, except the 1 on the counter after doing a "password reset". My receiver is one of the newer ones with a higher S/N, so I figured that must be my problem. TVROPro mentioned in a post earlier tonight that we may want to try it out again after the work they had done on it today. Sure enough, I went to Websams, highlighted package, clicked "activate service", and immediately did a rehit, and within 5 seconds I had 5 more on the counter. Plus, before when I hit the guide it said, "guide information not available". Now, the guide is loading! Albeit, pretty slow as others have reported, but I'll take it. What a huge relief. If the rest who were having problems have the success I have, things are looking very good. I wonder if newly activated 922 receivers, or used 922 receivers will still be able to receive this fix in the future, and is it a permanent fix in the data stream? Wow, the guide loaded in a matter of minutes, with SRL's logo and everything! I think I'll go do something I haven't been able to do for a while now, without any major worries that is: Kick back and enjoy! :popcorn

This is obviously great news, I'm reading success stories all over this site.

So, um, does this mean Motorola did something to help us? :eek:

Skyvision contacted Motorola and told them there is a problem. Motorola reworked software on their end to solve it. Motorola I would think is required to support their product even if it's being addressed through the Comcast SAC. Anyway It should be fixed now and like I said before try again and see if it takes for those having problems.

If anyone knows of people in the Springfield, Mo area that will need help with 4DTV install let me know.
TVROPRO made my year.
Everything is working great on my 920.
Now I need to find out what went wrong with my 922 ( DC ll flashes and may hold quality for few seconds.
I think a storm may have got it a few years back.
I will donate to your site next payday.
Thank you very much for helping us get back our 4DTV programming.
NPS, YOU SUCK !!!!!!!

If anyone knows of people in the Springfield, Mo area that will need help with 4DTV install let me know.
TVROPRO made my year.
Now I need to find out what went wrong with my 922 ( DC ll flashes and may hold quality for few seconds.
NPS, YOU SUCK !!!!!!!

Thanks for any support you can give to my site. :up

Another happy 4DTV user. I guess we get the last laugh on NPS :D

TVROPRO made my year.
NPS, YOU SUCK !!!!!!!

Hey Cameron, I am not a 4DTV user, don't know much about it, but glad to hear you got yours going!

Also, wanted to say howdy homeboy, I live near Chesapeake (between Republic & Mount Vernon MO), if you ever need some help/parts/etc. for a sat project let me know. :wave

Thanks for any support you can give to my site. :up

Another happy 4DTV user. I guess we get the last laugh on NPS :D

I may not be "4D" anymore, but I figure I'm supporting the system through the 410 unit. And, my thanks to TV PRO here. I couldn't make my 922 take anything, suffice it to say, it has all the tiles, has X4 with DCII light, have checked both polarities (settings for the LNB) and have been through the procedure multiple times. I suspect I was too late grabbing the X4 tile, but....whatever the problem, I still have a fully working working dish mover, (large, though it is) and a 410 for programming so I can't complain. Thank you for all your work, the "quest" to make mine work has been fun! (and since we gave it a new battery/heart I should have a good dish mover for some time, until we find a suitable RF-resistant modern equivalent.)

before when I hit the guide it said, "guide information not available". Now, the guide is loading! Albeit, pretty slow as others have reported, but I'll take it.

I have activated my account for the 4 step option, will I get the guide? If so, when you say it's slow, do you have any idea how long? I've had my programing for 45 minutes and it still says "guide information not available".

I have activated my account for the 4 step option, will I get the guide? If so, when you say it's slow, do you have any idea how long? I've had my programing for 45 minutes and it still says "guide information not available".

Mine took 15 mins to load channel info, about an hour for program titles to appear in the schedule and about 2-3 hours for descriptions of programs to appear.

There is a revised edition at themusicworkshopchicago.com
The skyvision revision.

That is for those who had trouble. The 4 step works in most cases.

There has been so many screwups by people that didn't follow the simple steps we tried to get out there. So now there are some big workarounds because of this and the Motorola screwup on certain receivers. If you didn't convert yet and have X4 mapped in like we told you in December. Following our 4 step plan should work flawless and cut out a lot of extra BS.

Hi Tvropro, this is stoker,

My problem has not been solved yet because haven't had a lot of time to work on it. But I have a few minutes right now and want to ask a question.

When I go to options and press 6 and 5 I see that my channel count is 4562. When I clear and press 6 7 7 8 1, my channel count in the mid right area goes to 5190. Why are they different and could that be part of the problem? I read Sky"s alternate procedure and it said that (regarding 2b of the steps) if this number is 4800 or higher, your receiver's memory may be to full to properly retrieve the X4 satellite designator. I have two different numbers and wonder if that is part of the problem.

Thanks, Stoker

Mine shows higher numbers too in that other screen depending on the satellite. The 4DTV can have over 7000 channels in its channel memory before it is is maxed out. TDT entries are 1920. Try doing the procedure again Motorola fixed quite a few things Monday. I have 4783 channels where you have 4562 so in theory your better off than me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)