Move dish problem on S10 Openbox

Status
Please reply by conversation.

novastar

Original poster
Jan 16, 2012
canada
When I try to change Satellites ex:from 125 to 95) or any other the machine Write (MOVING DISH) for about half a second and the S10 Goes OFF and REBOOT.
:(
It was working fine before...... I OWN IT SINCE A WEEK
If I put my Coolsat 8000 or my S9 it is working fine.
I did try to put another files in it , IT DONE THE SAME THING.......

If I select the satellite in use no problem it write MOVING DISH and stay on , the dish is already there
It look like it close because the S10 feel the motor current too hight but not on my Coolsat or my S9.........

Welcome to the forum!
Seems I've seen more than one post with this issue. I seem also to remember the general consensus was that the power supply is a little weak. Shortening the coax runs or trying to move the dish with Horizontal TP selected, or disconnecting the LNBF and seeing if that allows the motor to run. Not much of a "cure" there, more closely resembles diagnosis. Couple that I have seen and refer to this are: http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/269829-openbox-s10-microyal-h2h-motor.html and http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/269811-help-openbox-s10.html If it is the S10's power supply that's weak, I'd opt to externally power the motor. Hopefully, someone who's cured this, on their setup, will jump in.

It seems that because S10's can be made at multiple factories, its the luck of the draw as to which one you get and the relative strength of the power supply as they do not all seem to be equal with the same components used (maybe also batch to batch variation from the same factory). I've tried 2 units, one worked and the other didn't (did what you have observed). Tried to make supplemental power work but couldn't. I ended up significantly shortening and simplifying my cable run so the one unit mostly works fine now (went from 100'+ to 65' and new premium cable)).... except if I select a V tp I lose the meter readings (have to change tp's to get ihem back) while for an H tp works fine, so it still has issues. With the STB needing to push out 18v for the H tp's and 13v for the V Tp's, it would seem to confirm its a power supply issue at least at the lower voltage.

Fro an S10 press exit on the remote if on a channel but still have motor moving message.

Yes they have weak power supplies, to the point I now have mine slaved to my fortec as it would not power the new LNB I put on. Its kind of a pain in the butt having it slaved, but the good news is I'm now able to scan in channels I wasn't able to before as the LNB wasn't getting enough juice :)

I have problems with my SG2100. It frequently forgets where certain sats are. It'll either run to Gal 17?! or all the way to one end of the arc. This has only been a problem with the DSR-200c. My cable run is only 50 ft. and I've tried a few different cables.

I have problems with my SG2100. It frequently forgets where certain sats are.

Would seem you have a receiver based issue of some sort or maybe a problem with interference for your cabling as the motor only responds to whatever line inputs it receives. It is certainly possible that your motor could have a bad circuit board or worn/sloppy gearing so it responds out of spec to inputs but the sg2100 is pretty rock solid so perhaps the last thing to check. One thing for sure, the motor does not know what sat it is pointed at or where any sats are.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)