stonecold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
Directv La La Land
title says it all

Offer

99 dollars get your house outfitted with deca for boxes that suppor mrv

You must have at least one hddvr ( r22 do not count ) and 1 other mrv capable reciver.

and pay the 3 dollar mrv fee

Hahaha, I have an installer here now, no clue about mrv. "is that so you can watch shows on any box?" I do live in the boonies so I guess I'm not surprised.

Basically the installer comming out and installing any deca equipment needed and swim equipment if need. basically if you have a r15 you get a swap of a r16 because it is swim capable. as you need swim to use deca.

Basically the installer comming out and installing any deca equipment needed and swim equipment if need. basically if you have a r15 you get a swap of a r16 because it is swim capable. as you need swim to use deca.

I just need the DECA's. How about the ones who have most of their receivers networked already? I only need the two H21s I have networked. I already have all 3 of my DVR's (2HDDVRs and 1 R22) networked. Will I still be able to MRV without getting the DECA system installed?

Last edited:
I may be naive,but setting up the DECA adapters yourself seems easy enough. Including band pass filter & power inserter,is there no reason why I couldn't set DECA up myself? I have SWM,HR 22,& HR 23 receivers,I feel adventurous enough to attempt it myself.

I may be naive,but setting up the DECA adapters yourself seems easy enough.
Given the power coming out of the DECA adapters, it may not be this simple. DIRECTV wants to be sure that you're not leaking signals out of your home. Understand that the power draw of a DECA adapter is too much for just one satellite input on some HR2x models (not including yours).
Including band pass filter & power inserter,is there no reason why I couldn't set DECA up myself?
Note that one or more band stop filters are typically required depending on your setup.
I have SWM,HR 22,& HR 23 receivers,I feel adventurous enough to attempt it myself.
I'm not seeing any mention of the idea that DIRECTV has provided for self-installing at this point.

wonder if they would do this for my 9 boxes in my house :) cause if so I am golden.
That depends a lot on whether most of your boxes are SWM compatible. If many aren't, it shouldn't be a problem. If all of them are and you want DECA to all of them, you may have to wait on wide availability of the SWM16.

Heck I will get all the hardware needed for DECA from 3rd party and do this my way. I don't need an installer that can't even install a dish properly, never the less a DECA setup. :rolleyes:

My current equipment is listed below. I have been a dtv subscriber for almost two years. I am confused about DECA and MRV. What is the best path for me to allow for the dvr content to be streamed to the other rooms in my home. I would like to add a HR24 to our new addition we just finished. Thank you.
D12-300
D12-300
H21-100
H21-200
HR21-200

I just need the DECA's. How about the ones who have most of their receivers networked already? I only need the two H21s I have networked. I already have all 3 of my DVR's (2HDDVRs and 1 R22) networked. Will I still be able to MRV without getting the DECA system installed?

DECA equipment is only orderable by having a tech come out .... replacement can be order indivually but the system needs to be installed first by a trained tech.

My current equipment is listed below. I have been a dtv subscriber for almost two years. I am confused about DECA and MRV. What is the best path for me to allow for the dvr content to be streamed to the other rooms in my home. I would like to add a HR24 to our new addition we just finished. Thank you.
D12-300
D12-300
H21-100
H21-200
HR21-200

hr24 are not nation wide yet they are still shipping out to retailers.

I have the three hd receivers networked. Can I just start using MRV now? without any DECA equipment?

I have the three hd receivers networked. Can I just start using MRV now? without any DECA equipment?

You should as long as one of the receivers your have networked is a HR series. Just go to the setup screen and select Multi Room and opt in, I think. You will have to make sure it software release. If it doesn't have Multi Room in the setup screen, you do not have to proper software for it.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)