MRV and DECA are now Live Nationwide

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I too got the beta over message on my HR20 and HR22 machines tonight.

I am wondering what my options as I moved after the original install.

I also have R15 if they would replace that with a free HD DVR it would be good incentive to go with the whole house thing.

no you get a r16 unless they offer you a promotion basedo nyour accout for a nother hddvr.

And the wind up and the pitch......

Directv finally knocked it out of the park.

The same tech came out today and installed everything that was needed to get up and running.

Here is what they installed:
1 - SWiM 16
5 - DECA Modules
1 - Broad Band adapter
1 - Stop Filter

NICE!

I hope they bring almost exactly that for me on Saturday, just add on DECA module and you have what I need. I called yesturday to confirm the order/time, and asked them to add a note to the work order reminding the tech that this job requires a SWiM 16. I don't know if it will help, but I tried. I do know the phone person was in the note area as she read me the notes from the original order, which was just call first and broadband internet adapter required.

Stonecold, what do you know about how well a HR20-700 will work with the DECA setup?

My HR20-700 is working fine with it as of now, but my HR20-100 does not work with DECA at all. I need to give them a call to see what I am going to need to do.

NICE!

I hope they bring almost exactly that for me on Saturday, just add on DECA module and you have what I need. I called yesturday to confirm the order/time, and asked them to add a note to the work order reminding the tech that this job requires a SWiM 16. I don't know if it will help, but I tried. I do know the phone person was in the note area as she read me the notes from the original order, which was just call first and broadband internet adapter required.

Jason

One thing to note when you get the SWiM 16. The switch seems to run really hot. Not sure if the old SWiM8 ran hot but the 16 is pretty hot once it is up and running.

I just got the message this morning that the beta was over.

I had been using MRV in beta fine until today. So I guess I'll wait until they know what will work with it and maybe I'll order it. For now, I've installed an HDMI switcher to feed all of my TVs with both of my boxes...

I have an HR20-100 and 2 700s and they're still working just fine. The CSRs are giving out so much misinformation and just making people angry. If someone doesn't know something that's fine but they're just making stuff up. One man told me it will only work with HR24s.

I had my install today... I have two HR-22's, an R-22 that were untouched, a D11 that was upgraded to a black D12... and an R15 that was upgraded to an R16. Does the R16 need a deca or a stop band filter? The tech has to come back in 2 hours (took him 3 hours, and he forgot to circle back and recheck because the SWM is just hanging by the cables and the system is ungrounded at this time), and there has been some confusion as to whether an R16 would need a Deca, since it has no ethernet port.....

Thoughts?

I had my install today... I have two HR-22's, an R-22 that were untouched, a D11 that was upgraded to a black D12... and an R15 that was upgraded to an R16. Does the R16 need a deca or a stop band filter? The tech has to come back in 2 hours (took him 3 hours, and he forgot to circle back and recheck because the SWM is just hanging by the cables and the system is ungrounded at this time), and there has been some confusion as to whether an R16 would need a Deca, since it has no ethernet port.....

Thoughts?
r16 is not mrv compatible it will get stop band filter

My HR20-700 is working fine with it as of now, but my HR20-100 does not work with DECA at all. I need to give them a call to see what I am going to need to do.
I've read elsewhere that the HR20-100 can't power the DECA module from port 1 so a splitter has to be used to connect the DECA to port 2. There's a thread around here somewhere with a picture.

Here's the thread on the "other" forum.:)
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=177195

I've read elsewhere that the HR20-100 can't power the DECA module from port 1 so a splitter has to be used to connect the DECA to port 2. There's a thread around here somewhere with a picture.

Here's the thread on the "other" forum.:)
Connecting DECA to the HR20-100 - DBSTalk.Com

The installer came back out today and wanted to just replace my receiver. They were going to replace my HR20-100 with a HR20-700. I said no as I was not going to get into a new 24 month commitment without having a new receiver. They also did not want to just put in the fix that was shown in your post. They are driving back to the office and will be bringing me out a new HR24 to fix the issue I am having.

MRV is now working across my entire setup. :) The best part of this is that I also received a brand new HR24 since one of my HR20 was not working and they did not want to use the band stop setup to correct the issue. :D

MRV is now working across my entire setup. :) The best part of this is that I also received a brand new HR24 since one of my HR20 was not working and they did not want to use the band stop setup to correct the issue. :D

Beautiful.

The guy who was going to do my install (before telling me they didn't have an SWM16's and we had to postpone was showing me the diagram (just on back of work order in pen) of how to hookup the HR20. I explained that is for -100 only, the -700 puts out enough power and doesn't need it. He was suprised and wasn't sure what to believe. I just said double check with the training, I think they heard HR20 and didn't pay attention to the submodel. At least they knew about that requirement.

Even though it extended my commitment, I am glad that they guy did not believe me with the solution. I am really liking the HR24 so far. :D

Now one of the installers was just in training and I directed him to this site for future reference.

latency advice

I participated in the beta test and now officially subscribed to the pay service. Luckily my home is pre-wired with network cables to all my receivers, so I don't have to use the DECA setup.

While playing content from one DVR on another works fine, there is a good deal of latency in response time when fast-forwarding / rewinding and particularly when using the 30 second skip.

Do you think this is resolvable by upgrading my router to a gigabit router or are the receivers themselves the bottleneck?

WyattEarp

Do you think this is resolvable by upgrading my router to a gigabit router or are the receivers themselves the bottleneck?
Maybe, maybe not. I've seen at least one report of someone who direct connected two HD DVRs with an Ethernet cable and the latency didn't go away.

It should be a pretty cheap test and if a direct Ethernet cable doesn't fix the problem, it is almost certain that investing in DECA or a Gigabit switch won't fix it.

I called to check pricing for MRV with DECA switches. For some reason the CSR felt I was worthy and gave me two replacement HR24's and the MRV installation for $0! I have a total of five DVR's
The install was tricky since I have an HR20/100, two HR21/200's and now two HR24/500's. Once the tech was done, he downloaded new firmware for all of the receivers. This is where the story turns bad. After checking the MRV status of the DVR's and verified they were all there, I looked at the play list on my HR20. The list was empty! I looked to the series manager and both the queue and the To Do list items were 0! I checked the two existing DVR's only to find the series managers were also empty. The Tech was befuddled, and was concerned he would get blamed for this. Tech Support didn't have any ideas. Other than the fact that I lost everything that was saved and that I have had to rebuild my recording list on all of my DVR's, the experience was great! Anyone else have this have this issue?
I neglected to mention that I did extend my contract 24 months, since I have been with D* for 12 years this is not an issue for me.
A SWiM was installed during the installation and the HR20 did require the splitter to get power from port 2.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts