Multi LNB questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So why would the bracket I bought not work? It allows one to put LNB's pretty darn close together.

It would work, but I'd not recommend it for the reasons I have stated earlier in this thread. I found it a real pain to use. Eventually, I modified it by cutting pieces off, not using it for the centre LNB, and using it for only one side of the dish where I could move the straight LNB holder piece towards the dish to get the optimal focus distance! I also used the LNB holders, fashioned an angled piece of metal for the correct LNB angle and used it on other brackets (both store bought and homemade).

Since I have not updated this in a while, here is an update.
I got the dish on the roof, got the bracket on, got 97 in... barely.

Yet again, I seem to have a weird problem that will make this a nightmare for me. I spent about an hour scratching my head while moving that dish around, again and again, every time, able only to get a signal when I hit some certain spot. Any tiny movement beyond that and it was gone. I locked it in as best I could, even tried to align the LNB as best I could but even a small wind takes the bloody thing out of signal.

I am floored at how stupid things get for me on the smallest things that should be so simple to get done. This should not be rocket science to at least get a base signal from one satellite but as with all things FTA, for me, it's never easy.

Just about ready to give it all up but I am so damn tenacious that it drives me nuts thinking I would give up now also. The only way I can get just a few channels right now is blind scan which picks up channels on 97 so it's close, but off as I mentioned above.

I'm at a loss and kinda thinking about finding alternatives over IP soon since all programming will go there at some point anyhow.

My suggestion would be to remove the bracket and use the original LNB holder on the dish and see whether that improves the signal (which I suspect it will, unless you are having line of sight issues). Then do what I did, take the bracket holder and cut off the LNB holder, and then attach it to the dish. The attachment below shows a setup I had in 2006 and you can see the cut off bracket holder underneath the LNB arm. Plus, the multiple LNB bracket I like the best is on the left hand side. IIRC the LNBs are on 87, 97, and 101.

Attachments

• dish2c03.jpg
    dish2c03.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 130
Just bought a five(5) LNB bracket to use with a Superdish. The vendor claims that the bracket will be able to accommodate satellites 82W, 91W, 101W, 110W, and 119W, with that said and if it is possible to that. I have the feeling that the only (FTA) satellite that I will be able to view anything would be 101W. Will I be I be mainly pointing the dish to the 101W in order to receive all those satellites. Do I need to have a specific skew for this setup. Has anyone been able to do this with other dishes.

It would be interesting to see if this can be accomplished. Any input or comments are greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

>My suggestion would be to remove the bracket and use the original LNB holder on the dish
>and see whether that improves the signal (which I suspect it will, unless you are having line of sight issues

I was wondering if that bracket might be doing something to the LNB but have been fed up with it so didn't bother. I'll give that a try tomorrow and see what happens.

>The attachment below shows a setup I had in 2006 and you can see the cut off bracket holder underneath the LNB arm.
>Plus, the multiple LNB bracket I like the best is on the left hand side. IIRC the LNBs are on 87, 97, and 101.

I might give that a try if the test shows it's the bracket. Won't have much to lose at that point.

Thanks.

Ok, so, another fun weird day with FTA.
I thought my wife threw out the old bracket in error but I finally found it and was about to head to the roof to get it installed.
I decided to clear all the channels out first, then blind scan to find a 97W TP I could monitor to know how I'm doing on signal.

Today, the blind scan returned 169 channels instead of 6 or 8 I got last time I did that. Oh, and the extra fun part of that, no RT which is the one station I'd like to get on 97W.

<sigh>

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts