Multi LNB questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Glad I asked then :).
Either 83 or 89, depending on which has the most live news feeds, 97 for sure, anything else is a bonus.

91 does? I've seen lots of them on 83 or 89 and 99 but can't recall many on 91.

I don't find many on 89 (other than those on the ABC News Now mux), 83 has some, but 91 seems to have more. In fact, if there is a big story, I scan it third, after 72 and 74. 99 I dropped in June as I wasn't getting the feeds I use to get (in fact, couldn't even get CBS Newspath), there are threads where others were having the same loss as I was seeing.

My receiver is disconnected until I get this dish pointed so can't really look anything up.
Based on input, I guess I'm after 91 and 97 to start with, 83/89 and/or 103, bonus.
So where do I point as a starting alignment based on wanting 91/97?

99W they turned down the power on those feeds since the networks using those feeds have much larger dishes ;)

91W does have lots of news feeds

91 and 97 it is then. I hope to get 103 later too. I want to get this done before the cold sets in which is happening now :).
So, can you tell me where I should make my fixed position based on the above?

Of course, since the dish is a little larger than the other, I wondered if it might make more sense to make my 90cm a fixed dish and make my new dish motored. Haha, so many choices it hurts.

I would put it on a motor if possible, that way the entire arc is available. Multi LNB dishes are harder to tune than a motorized. Plus a motorized dish can get every sat. Only time I mess with multiple LNB's is if I'm using multiple IRD'S or I'm experimenting.

The idea was to keep one of my dishes on motor and put a fixed one up that is simply there when I want to tune into the news.
I don't tend to search around for very much, but I do want the 97W news channels and the live channels. Anything else is really
just when I'm in the mood to mess around and look for new things, which is very rare.

Right now, when I motor my 90cm, I can only have two motor clicks to get a signal and it gets lost constantly.
I just wondered a little while ago, while replying if there might be any value in putting the motor on my 39" dish vs the 35" one I have now. Not sure it's worth the hassle for the small size difference.

It's also an access issue. I can't get at the smaller dish as easily as I can the other.
Anyhow, hopefully, someone can guide me on where I need to align this thing now that we know what we're going after.

91 and 97 it is then. I hope to get 103 later too. I want to get this done before the cold sets in which is happening now :).
So, can you tell me where I should make my fixed position based on the above?

97 at centre, then facing the dish 91 goes to the left, 103 to the right.

As far as which dish to motorize, I'd put the larger dish on the motor (it will make a difference, especially on the weaker feeds), and the smaller one as a fixed dish. 90cm is still better than my 80cm, and as I've said, I've had good results with multiple LNBs on my 80cm, so 91/97/103 is still the way I'd go whichever dish you decide as a fixed dish.

Man, twice I goofed up and lost my reply.
Ok so, 97 it is. Once that's done, to find say 99, I install an LNB on the opposite side of the direction that the bird is in, on the LNB bracket.

I hear you about changing the dish out, just not sure I can. It's a matter of access. Would the SG2100 even move a 39"?
There is one way I could do it and that's if I could leave the motor as it is, just take the dish off, put the larger one in it's place then just adjust the dish again without changing the motor position which would start getting things out of whack.

As for access, I have easy access to the front of the dish on the new location but not the old one. The old one is a pain but it works, I kinda feel like I should not mess with it and make it worse.

Man, twice I goofed up and lost my reply.
Ok so, 97 it is. Once that's done, to find say 99, I install an LNB on the opposite side of the direction that the bird is in, on the LNB bracket.

Yep, everything is backwards. If standing facing your dish and the satellite is over your left shoulder (higher number in degrees) the LNB goes on the right side on centre. As well, if the satellite in question is higher in the sky than your centre LNB, it goes lower than the centre LNB.

I hear you about changing the dish out, just not sure I can. It's a matter of access. Would the SG2100 even move a 39"?
There is one way I could do it and that's if I could leave the motor as it is, just take the dish off, put the larger one in it's place then just adjust the dish again without changing the motor position which would start getting things out of whack.

As for access, I have easy access to the front of the dish on the new location but not the old one.

Since I don't have a motor (nor have I worked with one) then someone else will have to answer your questions. If you are happy with the signals you get on it now (and access does play an issue in your determination), then I wouldn't bother at this time. As more signals begin to use S2, then you might find that you do want to make the change later on. It gives you an option to consider.

The old one is a pain but it works, I kinda feel like I should not mess with it and make it worse.

I hear you! Many a time I have known better than to mess/tweak a dish, with the result of making it worse, and then fighting with it to get it back to where it started. I have learned to yell at myself if the push/pull method on a dish doesn't increase the signal to "leave it alone!" Sometimes that works (and sometimes I don't listen)! LOL!

I might just put a motor on the new dish later as well. All I really know right now is that I want to get something stable to get my news fix before the cold sets in. I don't mind being on the ladder in the cold for basic tweaks but I wanna get the main dish stuff done before then.

Got my meter today so armed with that and my cell phone app that shows satellite positions in the sky, I should be able to get this set to 97W tomorrow.

Shot in the dark... anyone know what bird Venga La Alegria is on? I'm getting it on 12150 V 4350. It seems to be 93W but I can't seem to confirm it. Or for that matter, CCTV 9 Documentary, 11929 H 20760.

something isnt right with your LNB LO frequency

That 1st one is on 93W and is very strong
CCTV9 is on 95W but is at 11780

You must be using a standard LNB but have it at 10600 LO....shuld be 10750 (10600 is for a Universal LNB)

It did seem like I'm somewhere between 93W and 95W.
The LNB is a universal, I didn't change anything on the receiver, only it's incoming coax connection to the new dish/LNB.
Not sure what the problem might be there? Could it be the meter I'm using causing weirdness?

I've moved it West to another signal, re-scanning. Now got 3 PENTAGON channels, TRWAM, BVN, RTS.
Pentagon is what, 99W? 11969 H 20000.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)