My dish farm has a new baby

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sanjap

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2009
houston, tx
Now my 1.2m Ariza technology dish will never be alone again. I just completed the installation of my 6ft fortec Star on H180 motor. I had to go to HD and get the L shaped metal, cut it and paint it to match the dish color. This new baby is hooked to a gbox and can track the arc from 45W to 131W. The 1.2m in the background is now dedicated to Ku only. Let me know what you think. I believe in very neat installations.

Attachments

• SH103602.JPG
    SH103602.JPG
    992.8 KB · Views: 502
  • SH103603.JPG
    SH103603.JPG
    884.8 KB · Views: 480
  • SH103605.JPG
    SH103605.JPG
    295.2 KB · Views: 450
  • SH103606.JPG
    SH103606.JPG
    589.6 KB · Views: 463
  • SH103608.JPG
    SH103608.JPG
    879 KB · Views: 425
sanjap, nice setup, just wondering about the motor? who makes it and were did you get it? Never seen one like that before.

Musher

Musher,
It is an H180 motor made by moteck. Sadoun used to carry those. Unfortunately I had to beg Sadoun to search his warehouse to see if any was lying around. Luckily for me one was lying there. I grabbed it at the speed of light. It is super fast and it is very quiet. I wish Sadoun could import more. It is way better than an actuator. Covers the arc more from 15W to about 145W. But remember it is for 6ft dish maximum.

10 + 10 + 10 . . .

Not only is it a clean install... but also a nice set of pictures!
However, you get ten extra points for thinking to call up Sadoun and not take "no" for an answer about that H180 motor!
Probably the last one in the country! - :cool:

sanjap, thanks for the info on the motor!:) And Nice & Clean setup again.

Musher

Very nice looking install, I think unless you live where the wind dont blow I would have used heavier angle, just my thought.

Very nice looking install, I think unless you live where the wind dont blow I would have used heavier angle, just my thought.

Cruzin, what do you mean by heavier angle? you mean the pole? That is a rigid 2.5' conduit pole Very solid in concrete

Now my 1.2m Ariza technology dish will never be alone again. I just completed the installation of my 6ft fortec Star on H180 motor. I had to go to HD and get the L shaped metal, cut it and paint it to match the dish color. This new baby is hooked to a gbox and can track the arc from 45W to 131W. The 1.2m in the background is now dedicated to Ku only. Let me know what you think. I believe in very neat installations.

Good job for snagging this motor! Its the same motor I PM'd him about close to a year ago. He said he would look for it then he wouldn't respond to my follow up PM's. Kinda strange that we have to beg somebody to sell something to us! Mr. Sadoun - please carry this motor again. I think there is a demand for it.:)

Beautiful setup, Sanjap. I love to see pics of new C band dishes going up.

If the metal stock with the holes in question is like the "Metal Lumber" brand if I have recycled for all sorts of projects, it's very strong.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)