MyFilestore.com - Your Free File Hosting ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those who are getting in Firefox chances are it is now something stuck in your cache from before...

We believe we have got it.

The issue seems to have been caused by a vBulletin Plugin we had installed which call out to the Plugin Authors site each time a page was loaded. Each time that site was accessed it would send the redirect code to the user... but it was smart it would only show the redirect once per day per browser.

So our system was indeed clean, unfortunately it was sucking the bad code from another site. :( Grrrr...

Even though it looks like we are clean, we are still keeping an eye on things.

Big Hats off to Jarret Cade of Sucuri Security for his hard work the past few days.

As instructed (search Google for "DISH Hopper Support" and click link), these were the results:

I just did it in Google Chrome and it took me to the MyFilestore.com.
I just did it again in Internet Explorer, and it took me to the MyFilestore.com.
I don't have Firefox.

How is this helping you find the cause of the problem?

Edit: That was the first time I ever saw that MyFilestore.com site. I always have a clean cache on IE (I never use it). Now when I go there from a Google link, it takes me to the Hopper Zone.

Last edited:
Just tried this:
FF and Chrome took me to Myfiles place.
Aurora (which I think is a FF based browser) took me to Sat Guys.
IE, for some reason wouldn't load anything.

Using latest FF and google search takes me to myfilestore
Using latest Chrome also takes me to myfilestore
Using IE google search takes me to the Hopper Zone here but,it also opened up another window pimping dish sales.

Just tried IE with bing search goes to myfilestore with a popup for media player

In safari, it went to filestore, clicked back and clicked link again and it was OK, only first time click went to filestore. First time use of that link so it was not in cache. Noticed link on google has a longass link string which I can't make a copy of.

In my Internet Explorer, it took me to (MyFilestone.com). Nest screen said that I needed to update my Media Player. When I clicked on update, My (Virus) program blocked something bad! Won't do that again! That's my findings!

I went to 2 other computers, cleared temporary internet files then did the search and yahoo bookmarks. Both took me to satelliteguys.us (yeah!). I hope this issue is now gone.

Never touched a feather on anything,both FF and Chrome are going to the correct link now.You guys must have found the bug?

Yep all working fine here also, without having to do a thing on my end..:up

Part of the issue why some were still seeing it was because we use cloud caching services, which cache some of the files, css, java, and other files to make the site faster. I had to clear the cache on the cloud servers, and learned that after I send the clear cache command it could take up to 3 hours for all of the cloud servers to clear their cache.

I have used Logmein and Remote Desktop to 25 different machines and did not get redirected on a single machine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts