Nascar 2018

Well...playoff time...who's everyone's prediction making Homestead and taking the Cup? I'd like to think Harvick, but I'm afraid they might have peaked too soon. SHR is still strong, but the field seems to have shrunk the gap. Almirola improved the 10 team considerably, and is generally fast on the track, but the poor guy can't seem to get out of own way when it comes to pit mistakes that takes out of contention. My gut thinks he and Kurt drop out in the first elimination, as I think Kurt being a lame duck in the 41 will start to set in. I'd like to see Clint and the 14 team stay strong, but would be surprised if he makes the final four. Harvick makes it to Homestead, but Homestead isn't one of his strongest tracks.

If Larson makes it to Homestead, I think he can be the one to upset the Big Three, though I'm not convinced that Truex makes it to Homestead, either. At the end of the day, I just hope its not the 18.

Well...playoff time...who's everyone's prediction making Homestead and taking the Cup? I'd like to think Harvick, but I'm afraid they might have peaked too soon. SHR is still strong, but the field seems to have shrunk the gap. Almirola improved the 10 team considerably, and is generally fast on the track, but the poor guy can't seem to get out of own way when it comes to pit mistakes that takes out of contention. My gut thinks he and Kurt drop out in the first elimination, as I think Kurt being a lame duck in the 41 will start to set in. I'd like to see Clint and the 14 team stay strong, but would be surprised if he makes the final four. Harvick makes it to Homestead, but Homestead isn't one of his strongest tracks.

If Larson makes it to Homestead, I think he can be the one to upset the Big Three, though I'm not convinced that Truex makes it to Homestead, either. At the end of the day, I just hope its not the 18.
Anybody but Kyle ....

I haven't been watching much of late .... did Chase make it ?
If so, I'll root for Elliott and Larson and Harvick.

I also don't care to see Hamlin winning it.

Anybody but Kyle ....

I haven't been watching much of late .... did Chase make it ?
If so, I'll root for Elliott and Larson and Harvick.

I also don't care to see Hamlin winning it.

Yes my man made it in with 1 win my final 4 is Clint -Harvick-Johnson-Kyle18.....with Clint taking it all, I think Clint is peaking right now.

Well...that was a resounding thud to start the playoffs. :confused:

I doubt Kevin will be out buying any Goodyears for his personal vehicles this week. At the end, I figured the race was going to just keep going until something happened to Almirola to complete the set of SHR destruction.

Amen...it ought to be an interesting weekend! :hungry

Just glad Harvick has pointed his way to round two and I don't have to sweat that out. Hate the rough start the 14 got to the playoffs...really didn't expect him to be a first round elimination. Maybe he can pull something out of his rear this weekend and sneak into round 2.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Roval time!

20180930_141616.jpg

Reactions: charlesrshell
What a finish!

I could not be happier to see two of the drivers that I despise the most take each other out and have one of my Penske boys take a victory.

Reactions: DWS44
So I’ve been watching a ton of highlights from the race, including of course the finish. The 8 gets into Jeffrey Earnhardt and spins him out. Jeffrey Earnhardt winds up facing the opposite direction and gets pointed the right way after all the cars go by. Larson who said Earnhardt was a good 45 seconds a head of him is seen flying along like a wounded bat out of hell as Earnhardt stops just short of the Start-Finish line. Jeffrey Earnhardt while damaged bad in the rear, was able to spin his car around and drive it. So why did he stop? Given that while Jeffrey Earnhardt is not in it for the points, and he is driving for a very underfunded team and each position on the track pays more than the previous, you would think it would be in the best interest of the driver and his team owner to get every dollar they can.

I don't know what it is, but it smells like Richmond 2013 to me.

So I’ve been watching a ton of highlights from the race, including of course the finish. The 8 gets into Jeffrey Earnhardt and spins him out. Jeffrey Earnhardt winds up facing the opposite direction and gets pointed the right way after all the cars go by. Larson who said Earnhardt was a good 45 seconds a head of him is seen flying along like a wounded bat out of hell as Earnhardt stops just short of the Start-Finish line. Jeffrey Earnhardt while damaged bad in the rear, was able to spin his car around and drive it. So why did he stop? Given that while Jeffrey Earnhardt is not in it for the points, and he is driving for a very underfunded team and each position on the track pays more than the previous, you would think it would be in the best interest of the driver and his team owner to get every dollar they can.

It's not against the rules for a very small team to help a very big team advance in the playoffs, it may smell but legal it is. I am sure Earnhardt's team will be well compensated.:D

I thought it odd he just sat there stopped as well, but like Partysox said, it wasn't like a teammate did it. It was comical watching the 42 playing video game bumper cars getting to the finish line. That said, I bet that little team has a shiny new Ganassi-built car before long.

Reactions: Partysox
I thought it odd he just sat there stopped as well, but like Partysox said, it wasn't like a teammate did it. It was comical watching the 42 playing video game bumper cars getting to the finish line. That said, I bet that little team has a shiny new Ganassi-built car before long.
New car cars motors or just shared info they both drive chevy's, lets face it that little favor was worth a whole lot of money. A whole lot more money than Earnhardt would of made for that spot.

As a Penske fan with Logano being my #1, it was wrong in 2013 when Penske and Front Row collaborated to allow Joey to get the final Chase spot and if the samething happened yesterday with Larson and Earnhardt, it’s wrong as well. Other than being put on probation I don’t think much happened to Team Penske and that was over shadowed by Waltrip’s nonsense. But if NASCAR is serious about race manipulation and actions deemed detrimental to the sport, they need to be consistent and take a look at this.