Nascar 2018

Infinity League,
I've been saying for years,
Non-Infinity drivers should be
Secondary to Inifinty drivers
racing for Infinity championship.
Too many times I've watched
Non-Infinity drivers cause great effect to Infinity races and playoff/championship standings.

Non-Infinity drivers should not be considered with relation to Infinity drivers and Infinity championship consideration.
Example...
1st,2nd finishers are Non-Infinity,
3rd place is best Infinity driver.
3rd place should get 'winner' level consideration toward championship.

Futher,
It's one thing for Non-Infinity drivers to 'run-away' victory a race.
It's a whole other thing for Non-Infinity drivers to 'bully' Infinty drivers and affect the Infinity outcome.
Keslowkis said after race,
'I could catch him but not pass him so I backed off.'
Harvick ran him into the wall trying to bully pass him then blamed him (200 starts) as inexperienced.
Harvick got what he deserved
and it's a shame that it cost the infinity driver a win in an Infinity race.
As Non-Infinity drivers
both Keslowski and Harvick
Should have raced with care.
Keslowski got it right.
Harvick screwed it up.

Side note.
I dislike Keslowski as a driver
And am generally a Harvick fan.
At least for the last few years.
that may be changing.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the SatelliteGuys app!
It's xfinity not infinity or was that your attempt at a joke anyway I agree with you about the other series drivers stay out, I also agree about Harvick he tried to bully the guy and he wasn't having it.

Infinity League,
I've been saying for years,
Non-Infinity drivers should be
Secondary to Inifinty drivers
racing for Infinity championship.
Too many times I've watched
Non-Infinity drivers cause great effect to Infinity races and playoff/championship standings.

Non-Infinity drivers should not be considered with relation to Infinity drivers and Infinity championship consideration.
Example...
1st,2nd finishers are Non-Infinity,
3rd place is best Infinity driver.
3rd place should get 'winner' level consideration toward championship.

Futher,
It's one thing for Non-Infinity drivers to 'run-away' victory a race.
It's a whole other thing for Non-Infinity drivers to 'bully' Infinty drivers and affect the Infinity outcome.
Keslowkis said after race,
'I could catch him but not pass him so I backed off.'
Harvick ran him into the wall trying to bully pass him then blamed him (200 starts) as inexperienced.
Harvick got what he deserved
and it's a shame that it cost the infinity driver a win in an Infinity race.
As Non-Infinity drivers
both Keslowski and Harvick
Should have raced with care.
Keslowski got it right.
Harvick screwed it up.

Side note.
I dislike Keslowski as a driver
And am generally a Harvick fan.
At least for the last few years.
that may be changing.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the SatelliteGuys app!
I agree ....
Cup guys should not be running in the Infinity series, BUT, as they always say, it pulls in spectators.
If the Cup guys do come down to run, (more experience on said track) they should not be in the standings and should not be taking wins away from Infinity guys.

Another ANNOYING thing I find is when a Cup guy goes down and runs in the Infinity and the Truck series and wins it and TOUTS HOW MANY OVERALL WINS they have .... big deal, you should be able to beat those guys .... and if your gonna count them when your talked about in the Cup series, thats just wrong, about 80+ % don't run in the other series.

Ok, it Xfinity .... thats another stupid thing, changing names every other week.

Its the Grand Nationals .... Or Busch ..... lol

Reactions: Partysox
Another ANNOYING thing I find is when a Cup guy goes down and runs in the Infinity and the Truck series and wins it and TOUTS HOW MANY OVERALL WINS they have .... big deal, you should be able to beat those guys .... and if your gonna count them when your talked about in the Cup series, thats just wrong, about 80+ % don't run in the other series.

I agree with that thought, but for the most part, I think that is the media who chats up win totals across all series, not necessarily the drivers, with one very obvious exception being Kyle Busch, who yaps about getting to 200 "wins" (counting all series) as if that somehow equals Petty's 200 Cup wins.

I agree with that thought, but for the most part, I think that is the media who chats up win totals across all series, not necessarily the drivers, with one very obvious exception being Kyle Busch, who yaps about getting to 200 "wins" (counting all series) as if that somehow equals Petty's 200 Cup wins.
Well, you chose the ONE person I was talking about in particular .

Reactions: DWS44
Well this is what happens when a very small group of people thinks they know what fans want or think they do or try to manipulate the fans into there way of thinking and they just don't get it, That's why Nascar just like the NFL is a dying sport it's a shame.

I think the major announcement today that Furniture Row is shutting down operations at end of season is a pretty scary look at the state of sponsorship in NASCAR right now. Defending championship team, with three wins can't get enough sponsorship to keep the doors open...pretty sad.

So Truex & Pearn end up in the 19 @ Gibbs, and Suarez is the odd man out. Don't think he was ready for Cup, but he had the $$$ from Arris behind him when Edwards walked away... So at the end of the day, Truex landed on his feet... And one of the rich (ie Gibbs) gets richer.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I think the major announcement today that Furniture Row is shutting down operations at end of season is a pretty scary look at the state of sponsorship in NASCAR right now. Defending championship team, with three wins can't get enough sponsorship to keep the doors open...pretty sad.

So Truex & Pearn end up in the 19 @ Gibbs, and Suarez is the odd man out. Don't think he was ready for Cup, but he had the $$$ from Arris behind him when Edwards walked away... So at the end of the day, Truex landed on his feet... And one of the rich (ie Gibbs) gets richer.
This is the first I have heard about this.. pretty sad state I DVR race hub I will have to catch up, I think this proves my point[a dying sport].:(

Reactions: charlesrshell
Well this is what happens when a very small group of people thinks they know what fans want or think they do or try to manipulate the fans into there way of thinking and they just don't get it, That's why Nascar just like the NFL is a dying sport it's a shame.
Not sure how you determine the NFL is a dying sport.

Your kidding right....All the bad PR the last few years about head trauma-more and more mothers are preferring soccer over football-the owners can't figure out what a catch is or a good or a bad hit and one of these days the NFL will have to pay taxes I predict, I am sure there is more I just can't think of any right now.

Your kidding right....All the bad PR the last few years about head trauma-more and more mothers are preferring soccer over football-the owners can't figure out what a catch is or a good or a bad hit and one of these days the NFL will have to pay taxes I predict, I am sure there is more I just can't think of any right now.
President isn't helping any ... thats where a lot of the Bad press is coming from.
This kneeling stuff is BS ...
ya know what we did when I was playing, when the coach needed to talk to the team on the field ..... kneel ...

The players really should NOT be protesting inside the stadium ... I'm all for the efforts, just do it on your own time ... not during your job.

All you mentioned, doesn't mean the league is dying ... it will be around for another 50 years.

There is more technology available today than ever before ...
Things are changing ... some of it for the better.

President isn't helping any ... thats where a lot of the Bad press is coming from.
This kneeling stuff is BS ...
ya know what we did when I was playing, when the coach needed to talk to the team on the field ..... kneel ...

The players really should NOT be protesting inside the stadium ... I'm all for the efforts, just do it on your own time ... not during your job.

All you mentioned, doesn't mean the league is dying ... it will be around for another 50 years.

There is more technology available today than ever before ...
Things are changing ... some of it for the better.
You made some good points, time will tell I guess.

Well the running of the Brickyard this weekend might not happen what's left of the hurricane is basically going to be sitting over the track, they are saying 3-4-5 inches of rain this weekend starting anytime after noon today. So it's going to get wet around here this is a guess but I would say racing Monday.

Well the running of the Brickyard this weekend might not happen what's left of the hurricane is basically going to be sitting over the track, they are saying 3-4-5 inches of rain this weekend starting anytime after noon today. So it's going to get wet around here this is a guess but I would say racing Monday.
IF, its out of there by then, although, up here they are saying it should wrap up early monday morning.

Well it looks like we might get the race in[1:00pm start time], lets see 0 practice boring race damp cars=this aught to be some race.:facepalm

It should be an interesting first handful of laps with the cars never hitting the track before the green flag. Probably worse for the Xfinity race starting going off first with no rubber down. At least the Cup race will have the rubber laid down during the Xfinity race to help a bit. Lets just hope that is enough to not have to worry about another tire nightmare like the one they had a few years ago.

It should be an interesting first handful of laps with the cars never hitting the track before the green flag. Probably worse for the Xfinity race starting going off first with no rubber down. At least the Cup race will have the rubber laid down during the Xfinity race to help a bit. Lets just hope that is enough to not have to worry about another tire nightmare like the one they had a few years ago.
Yes, I remember that TIRE Race ...
It was terrible.

Reactions: Partysox and DWS44
A lot better races than I thought they would be and the uncontrolled tire rule should be scrapped, I swear if there is a wreck Elliott Sadler will find it.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)