Nascar 2018

Well...kept it in the family. Happy for Almirola, and good points day for Clint, too. Really hated to see that last caution, but knew it was bound to happen.

Amazing to watch the four SHR cars drive off and leave the pack...that was just incredible.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Glad to see Aric win!

Should have had the Daytona 500, should have had last week. After 5 years, the #10 team finally has a chance to celebrate and know they are a legitimate threat every week, unlike when that 'I'm still leaning' dingbat was behind the wheel.

Previous driver: 5 years, 180 races, 0 wins, 0 top 5s, 7 top 10s
Current driver: <1 year, 31 races, 1 win, 3 top 5s, 13 top 10s

Congrats again. I would definitely not count out Chase, as he'll have the full undivided resources of both Hendrick and Chevrolet behind him now, with the 88 and 42 gone.
Unlike last week, my SHR boys were all just seeing who could screw up the worst on pit stops. :facepalm

They need to get that pit road work tightened up, but all four in the final eight...not too shabby! :D

Well now...that was quite the last half-dozen of laps.

My boy wins!

Can't wait to see the interview with the cry baby POS in the #78.

Congrats...don't care for Truex, I take it? I believe the 22 might need to watch his back the next three races. (See: Kenseth, Matt)

At least they didn't wreck enough to let Cryin Kyle get by them for the win.

Amen! Hamlin came mighty close to sneaking through, though!

I hate to say it, but the 4 team seems to have lost their mojo. Harv's good at Texas, and a beast at Phoenix, so perhaps they'll find it before Homestead.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I cannot stand anyone associated or affiliated with Tokyo Joe. And Martin has always came off as a whiner since their MWR stunt at Richmond. I was ecstatic to see Furniture Row shutting down at the end of this year. The owner sold his soul to Tokyo Joe, bought his Championship and now no longer wants to use more of his own money to fund the team. Good for him.

The awesome finish Sunday was product of short track racing and this championship format. The racing was really no different than Kyle Larson and Kyle Busch a few months ago. I’ll never understand NASCAR fans, 20-25 years ago when Old Ralphie was using the chrome horn on his #3 Government Motors Goodwrench car he was celebrated, he was the ‘The Intimidator’, ‘the man in black’. Fast forward to today and when Logano or Busch do something similar they are vilified. Joey did not punt Crybaby Martin, he did didn’t wreck him, he didn’t put him into the wall. There is no other driver that won’t do the same, and while I didn’t see them, I have seen mentions that there were interviews done with the drivers, and they all said they would move someone out of the way if a win is at stake. Fans love that stuff when it’s said, but not when it actually happens.

As for Kamikaze Kenseth, what he did was pure BS. He was multiple laps down and used his car as a weapon. To yell you the truth, I hope Crybaby Marty does the same thing next week as Kamikaze did. That way he’ll be parked for two weeks.

Crybaby Marty is the Ronda Rousey of NASCAR. A one trick pony, Rousey had one move to defeat her opponents, the arm bar, Crybaby primarily only wins on 1.5 mile tracks. They both cry and sulk when they don’t win. Crybaby Marty sounded like a 12 year old girl who got her iPhone taken away from her for acting out during his post-race interview and I enjoyed every second of it.

Joey had an opportunity to win and he did what he needed to do. I was extremely disappointed in him a few weeks back at I think it was at Dover where there was a late race restart and he had the opportunity to charge ahead and put a few noses the bumpers and win but didn't. I thought is heart just wasn’t in it anymore.

Reactions: truedowneast
An interesting read there! Instances like these always seem to come down to who got rubbed, and who did the rubbing (because rubbing, son, is racing!
lol.gif
). Growing up a Terry Labonte fan, I lived with about as much disdain for the #3 as I do #18 today...probably more. Card-carrying in-person witness to both Bristol showdowns while dressed in head-to-toe #5 Kellogg's gear, too.

Overall, Martin is a fairly liked by the masses, and Joey pretty much isn't outside of his fanbase, hence all the consternation this week. Also being a Tony Stewart fan after Terry retired, I fully get following a more polarizing driver as well. I think one of the "roundtable" answers on an ESPN article summed it up best. "If this has been Kyle Busch that got moved out of the way, folks would have been asking for Sam Bass prints of it to hang in the living room!"

Reactions: Jimbo
I don't have a problem with someone moving another out of the way at all ....
As long as he doesn't intentionally wreck them.

I thought it was good racing ...
I know what they were talking about though, with the "I raced you fair and passed you fair ... you couldn't do the same to me ?

Thats part of a Gentleman's agreement type thing or you would think.

And Your right, if your guy was the one doing the moving, thats Great, if your on the other end, you think otherwise.

Had it been Kyle doing the moving (Kyle would have wrecked him) I would have said, thats Kyle being Kyle ...
Had it happened TO Kyle .... Kyle would have been all up in somebody about it ... crying to no end.

Reactions: DWS44

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)