Nascar 2018

hurray.gif

Howdy from Bristol. A rare honor... Our season tickets were selected for an invite to the driver's meeting! Sitting here waiting for it to start. :D

Tried to upload some pics, but connection around here not fast enough.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Howdy from Bristol. A rare honor... Our season tickets were selected for an invite to the driver's meeting! Sitting here waiting for it to start. :D

Tried to upload some pics, but connection around here not fast enough.
Wow must be nice will expect to hear the rundown later, Don't have too much fun.:)

Looking at the crowd or lack thereof, it might not be a long wait. I had more difficult time leaving the Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert last year then I did leaving the Dover fall race a couple years ago when I went.

I didn't watch the end of the race, I thought for sure another circumstance to would construed to allow Clyde to win another race, so I changed the channel is disgust. Kurt Busch got his one win of the year. Watching the highlights of his brother cut a tire almost makes me wish I would have continued to watch.

Felt a little bad for Larson after leading practically the whole race, but goes to further underline the aero reliance on clean air. You're superman out front, but once in the crowd, quick return to a mere mortal. Agree 100% on Indy. Making it the Chase cutoff is a textbook plea for anything to make this place relevant again in the stock car world. (I think that ship has already set sail, IMO) Even that isn't working as there is very little excitement around the cutoff line in the standings this year, barring an upset win.

Back to Darlington, I do enjoy the throwback theme that the Southern 500 weekend has turned into. I rarely applaud marketing, but starting up the throwback deal a few years back was genius. An interesting read on ESPN about the process the teams go through on figuring out a scheme, and the hoops they jump through to get sponsor approvals and such:

Here's how the Steve Park throwback came to be

Wow, finally a decent article from ESPN about NASCAR. Nice read!

The Darlington throwback weekend is pretty cool. While it’s neat to see retro designs for sponsors that are still involved with NASCAR like Axalta, Miller, Shell-Pennzoil and Mars, I thought it was really, really awesome to see sponsors like John Deere on the 17 going back to when Chad Little drove for Rousch or Bojangles teaming back up with Cope or Hooters and Greg Biffle a few years ago. These one-time deals are way cooler than seeing a Jeff Burton-Exide inspired 32 car.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Infinity League,
I've been saying for years,
Non-Infinity drivers should be
Secondary to Inifinty drivers
racing for Infinity championship.
Too many times I've watched
Non-Infinity drivers cause great effect to Infinity races and playoff/championship standings.

Non-Infinity drivers should not be considered with relation to Infinity drivers and Infinity championship consideration.
Example...
1st,2nd finishers are Non-Infinity,
3rd place is best Infinity driver.
3rd place should get 'winner' level consideration toward championship.

Futher,
It's one thing for Non-Infinity drivers to 'run-away' victory a race.
It's a whole other thing for Non-Infinity drivers to 'bully' Infinty drivers and affect the Infinity outcome.
Keslowkis said after race,
'I could catch him but not pass him so I backed off.'
Harvick ran him into the wall trying to bully pass him then blamed him (200 starts) as inexperienced.
Harvick got what he deserved
and it's a shame that it cost the infinity driver a win in an Infinity race.
As Non-Infinity drivers
both Keslowski and Harvick
Should have raced with care.
Keslowski got it right.
Harvick screwed it up.

Side note.
I dislike Keslowski as a driver
And am generally a Harvick fan.
At least for the last few years.
that may be changing.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: lfp302 and Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)