NBA 2008-09 Season

No Bill....Van Gundy spoke yesterday about this whole flap and he was misquoted. The thing was, it seems that some local(Orlando) beat reporter kept asking/telling him that it seems that every time the Magic beats a playoff contention team they are missing a key player. Supposedly the reporter said with an attitude of 'the wins were either cheap or not legit'. He mentioned he has been missing his starting point guard(Jamir Nelson) for quite awhile. Does that mean OTHER teams victories against HIS team not legit? The ESPNs of the world sort of 'forgot' that part......:rolleyes: Van Gundy speaks once a week on 790 The Ticket.

The Flagship Station for South Florida Sports

The link has the podcast and you can hear it for yourself.

Gotcha.................thanks for that!

I apologize for calling Van Gundy a blowhard.

Once again, the media did a disservice to BOTH teams! :rolleyes:

Believe me when I tell you that was taken out of context.

Doc has been on record MANY times as saying he would LOVE HCA, BUT not at the expense of having a healthy team come playoff time.

IMO, the NBA is the most important sport to have HCA/HFA/HIA.

That being said, if the Celtics by some miracle got HCA, but their injured players got worse because of it, ANY playoff team could come into the Garden and beat them.

THAT'S why I agree with Doc.

HFA is VERY important yes, but not at the expense of the team's overall health.

DAMN....that sound familiar....:rolleyes:

This has nothing to do with advantage and more to do with HOW GOOD a team is. A championship team CAN and DOES win on the road.....REGARDLESS of bed they sleep in. I'll repeat....it REALLY NICE to have, but championship teams do NOT need it....and Doc's statement said it all. So it was not arrogant at all, just looking down the road....planning for the future.

Anybody can win everywhere, anytime. We got it. Nobody is arguing this. But this is also true - Everybody would rather play at home - ANYTIME. It is an advantage. To say otherwise is just kidding yourself.

Anybody can win everywhere, anytime. We got it. Nobody is arguing this. But this is also true - Everybody would rather play at home - ANYTIME. It is an advantage. To say otherwise is just kidding yourself.

WELL....in a one game series....you are absolutely right! An dyou are sbolutely right about when it throughout....it is a advantage....never argured that, I am say, ALL championship teams MUST win on the road....and they GREAT TEAMS KNOW they can win on the road. Those Pistons, Bulls, Spurs team KNEW they can win and homecourt was not a major issues because they could go and spank ANY team on the road.

James, Williams lead Cavs to 11th straight win - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

Well, I got it right- L Train over the toy train.

A 22-point defeat- the T-Wolves probably practiced how to wave a white flag at halftime!:D

• 11th win in a row for the Cavs which was the 2nd such streak this season. (12 in a row would be a franchise record).
  • The win improved Cleveland to 34-1 at home (59-13 overall).
  • The Cavs are a perfect 33-0 when scoring 100 points this season.
  • Cleveland now leads Boston and Orlando by 5 games in the East and 1 game over the Lakers for best record overall.
  • Programing note: LeBron James will have a profile feature on this Sunday's episode of 60 Minutes. I expect all of you to tune in. :D

I am just wondering if those reports of Isiah and Donald Sterling end up going somewhere. If someone is so stupid to let Isiah run another basketball team it would be the Clippers!

My heart was in my throat when I saw LeBron lying on the floor for several minutes (he collided with an official head-on for those who didn't see it).

LeBron only (thank goodness) had the wind knocked out of him. He got up after several minutes being out of it, and asked his teammates what happened on the play he missed. When they answered "we stopped 'em on defense), Lebron answered, "you better have"! LOL...........I love it!!! :up

Good, loyal fans such as HD and Sky don't deserve a fate like that. Lebron is not only the Cavs meal ticket...........he's also the NBA's!

You may find it strange that I , being a Celtics, would want LeBron to be okay. Well, I don't operate like that. If the Celtics are good enough to beat the Cavs, I want them to do it with the best player on the planet on the floor!

BTW, I've exchanged posts/PM's/emails with HD long enough to know that he doesn't operate like that either!

Guys, I'm just glad King James is okay!

BTW, ho-hum, the Cavs won their franchise record 12th straight game by blowing out Dallas. They also got to the coveted 60 win plateau.

I think it may be time to start talking about this Cavs team in an all-time vein.

They're S-C-A-R-Y good!!! :eek:

NOT IN OUR HOUSE!

• The Cavs were down by 15 points on National TV against the Dallas Mavericks in the first half at the Q. Uh oh! The streak was in jeopardy. :(
  • Final score: Cavs 102, Mavs 74. That's a 43 point turnaround! Did anyone actually expect anything less? :eek:
  • Another day, another record. The Cavs ongoing 12 game win streak is a new franchise record. Congratulations boys! :D
  • The Cavs are now 35-1 at home (60-13 overall) with 4 more home games remaining. (The '85-'86 Celtics record is within eyesight).
  • The King had another near triple double: 24 pts, 12 asst, 6 reb, 2 blk in under 3 quarters of play.
  • More importantly, most of the Cavs starters got to rest the entire 4th quarter because of the blowout.
  • This team seems to have so much fun in every game. From all of the sideline antics to how "into" the game each player is on the bench. For nearly the entire game, the players on the bench were standing, rooting on their team the entire way. What great team comradery! A true joy to see how much fun these guys are having this year.
  • Programing reminder: LeBron will be featured on 60 Minutes tonight on CBS following the March Madness games at apx. 7pm.
Oh, one more thing........

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3FszUu_vG0"]CLEVELAND ROCKS![/ame]

I think this year, the #8 seeds will be in way over their heads.

Check the records, they are almost every year. The last couple of years may have been the exception. The NBA lets too many teams into the playoffs. Same for the NHL. I understand why - most teams don't make money until the second round of the playoffs.

I would prefer that the Pistons fell out of the playoffs and into the lottery, then being Cleveland's first round sacrifice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)