NCAA Championship Week

Utah St. up by 13 over Nevada in the WAC final.

This is important for the bubble teams, because Utah St. has an RPI in the 20's and has the second most wins in the country with 29. I DOUBT they get in without winning this game, but you never know.

Utah State, IMO, has to be a lock. 29 wins is 29 wins.

Updated automatic bids:

ACC: Duke
AMERICA EAST: Binghamton
ATLANTIC SUN: East Tennessee St.
ATLANTIC 10: Temple
BIG EAST: Louisville
BIG SKY: Portland State
BIG SOUTH: Radford
BIG TEN: Purde
BIG 12: Missouri
BIG WEST: CS-Northridge
COLONIAL: VCU
CONFERENCE USA: Memphis
HORIZON: Cleveland St.
IVY LEAGUE*: Cornell
MAAC: Siena
MAC: Akron
MEAC: Morgan St.
MISSOURI VALLEY: Northern Iowa
MOUNTAIN WEST: Utah
NORTHEAST: Robert Morris
OHIO VALLEY: Morehead State
PAC-10: USC
PATRIOT LEAGUE: American
SEC: Mississippi St.
SOUTHERN: Chattanooga
SOUTHLAND: Stephen F. Austin
SUMMIT LEAGUE: North Dakota St.
SUN BELT: Western Kentucky
SWAC: Alabama St.
WAC: Utah St.
WEST COAST: Gonzaga

Last edited:
How do you know that?

They could be opening up in Philly, Portland, Miami, or Minnesota.
Top 4 seeds in each region are protected, so they get to play close to home if possible. Carolina playing in Greensboro has been a forgone conclusion for a while. What will be interesting is whether dook joins them. The last time that happened was in 2005 in Charlotte, and 90% of the fans were Carolina fans and they cheered hard against dook. dook even got heckled in local restaurants. :haha I've heard that K was pissed about that and said he never wanted to go through that again. If the selection committee puts them both in Greensboro then it'll be home cookin for the Tar Heels and like a road game for dook. :D dook should hope they get sent to Philly which would put them closer to their New Jersey fan base.

Let me ask you, would you give Uconn a one seed over Memphis just because Uconn plays in a tougher conference than Memphis, or do you think Memphis is just better than Uconn?

Nevada is shooting so poorly in the second half agaist Utah State.

Granted, the Aggies are better, but... anders, I think you can beat Nevada in a game of horse.

Let me ask you, would you give Uconn a one seed over Memphis just because Uconn plays in a tougher conference than Memphis, or do you think Memphis is just better than Uconn?
UConn deserves a 1 seed more than Memphis but I think they both may end up as 2 seeds.

Top 4 seeds in each region are protected, so they get to play close to home if possible. Carolina playing in Greensboro has been a forgone conclusion for a while. What will be interesting is whether dook joins them. The last time that happened was in 2005 in Charlotte, and 90% of the fans were Carolina fans and they cheered hard against dook. dook even got heckled in local restaurants. :haha I've heard that K was pissed about that and said he never wanted to go through that again. If the selection committee puts them both in Greensboro then it'll be home cookin for the Tar Heels and like a road game for dook. :D dook should hope they get sent to Philly which would put them closer to their New Jersey fan base.

I've always hated the "pod" system.

IMO, it makes the brackets harder to follow. In the pre-pod years, the brackets were crisp and easier to follow.

[
I've always hated the "pod" system.

IMO, it makes the brackets harder to follow. In the pre-pod years, the brackets were crisp and easier to follow.

:up:up:up I agree. I liked the old way better. On the first day, one side of the bracket was done, the next day the other side was done. Short and too the point. Now its all over the place. Im also not a big fan of basically giving certain games in there own backyard. I just think if your going to do that, why dont you just play the games on the home court of the higher seeds like the womens tourney.

Utah St. wins the WAC and will probably end up with a 10/11 seed.

30 wins and yet they'll be seeded lower than UCLA.

Yes, Utah State has no good wins, but do the Bruins have ANY decent wins?

IMO, they should be a 5.

I agree.
[

:up:up:up I agree. I liked the old way better. On the first day, one side of the bracket was done, the next day the other side was done. Short and too the point. Now its all over the place. Im also not a big fan of basically giving certain games in there own backyard. I just think if your going to do that, why dont you just play the games on the home court of the higher seeds like the womens tourney.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts