NCAA Championship Week

I agree. I tried to get the brackets for the big west and I couldnt even find it. They didnt have printer friendly brackets but I do agree the website is hard to follow and you cant get any stats.

I've gone through all 31 conferences websites over the last week to get schedules, seeds, brackets, etc. And let me tell you the worst site out of the 31 was the MEAC........it wasn't even close!! :eek:

I would cringe when I was posting the schedules, and I had to go back to that site to get info. It's like it was set up by an 8 year old!

Anders, it's not just Big 10 teams that struggle to score.

Right now, Pacific has only 8 points more than halfway through the first half.

I think you and Bill could score more points in a game of horse!

I agree, it's terrible. You can't really find even the scores for the tournament games at times even. A first grader could have put a better site together.
I've gone through all 31 conferences websites over the last week to get schedules, seeds, brackets, etc. And let me tell you the worst site out of the 31 was the MEAC........it wasn't even close!! :eek:

I would cringe when I was posting the schedules, and I had to go back to that site to get info. It's like it was set up by an 8 year old!

I think its safe to say that pacific is probably not going to win this game and we still have over 7 minutes left in the first half.
Anders, it's not just Big 10 teams that struggle to score.

Right now, Pacific has only 8 points more than halfway through the first half.

I think you and me could score more points in a game of horse!

I actually have to disagree with Bill on that one. I thought the MAAC was the hardest one because they didnt have brackets available. They were the only conference that didnt have brackets. :(

To me, brackets are easier to follow if you have to print or look up something. What about if you didnt have brackets and had to print something out. With 31 conferences, you'd be out of ink!!!

Maybe if they played in the Arrowhead Pond instead of a Convention Center, there'd be more seats.

The Ducks had a day off, so why not take advantage?

I can. How many fans can each of these schools have from a conference that almost know one cares about outside of California playing at a convention center arena during a very bad recession.

Yes, I was. However if your trying for attendance, then you would want to play it in Los Angeles were the largest amount of ucla and usc fans are located.

I believe the women play the big west tourney at the same venue as the men at the same time I think. In other words, a men game at noon, the women at 2 pm etc. Besides, if you played the games in LA, would you really pack the place? If you cant pack it in for the PAC-10, how could pack it in for the Big West?

To kind of bring back up the pod discussion, anders is right in stating that it was created to make it easier for fans to go to their team's games. Now with the economy in the crapper it also helps the teams reduce expenses. If both UNC and dook* play in the Greensboro pod it will reduce their travel expenses. It's about an hour long bus ride and if they wish they don't even have to stay in a hotel. They can just bus back and forth. Love it or hate it, the pod system is here to stay.

If they want big crowds for games like the Big west title game maybe they should hold it at the gym of the highest seeded team of the 2 .

Selection Sunday Tournament Games------All times Eastern

ACC- Championship Game @ Atlanta, Georgia

(4) Florida St. vs. (3) Duke- 1:00 PM (ESPN-HD)/ (Raycom-HD)

SEC- Championship Game @ Tampa, Florida
(W3) Mississippi St. vs. (E1) Tennessee- 1:00 PM (CBS-HD)

Southland- Championship Game @ Katy, Texas
(6) UTSA vs. (1) Stephen F. Austin- 1:00 PM (ESPN2)

Big Ten- Championship Game @ Indianapolis, Indiana
(5) Ohio St. vs. (3) Purdue- 3:30 PM (CBS-HD)

NCAA Tournament Selection Show- 6:00 PM (CBS-HD)

Updated #1 seeds guess: NC, Pitt, Louisville, Memphis St.. Memphis will take some guff from some of you, but let me make an argument here for them. Approx. 60 straight conference wins, it's a for sh*t conf., but that's still an impressive string. 4 straight 30+ win seasons, unprecedented in the NCAA. My last point would be that nobody else has stepped up, more like the other contenders have stepped back. (U CONN, Oklahoma, and MSU).

Updated #1 seeds guess: NC, Pitt, Louisville, Memphis St.. Memphis will take some guff from some of you, but let me make an argument here for them. Approx. 60 straight conference wins, it's a for sh*t conf., but that's still an impressive string. 4 straight 30+ win seasons, unprecedented in the NCAA. My last point would be that nobody else has stepped up, more like the other contenders have stepped back. (U CONN, Oklahoma, and MSU).

I agree that's what I THINK it will be, but IMO, UConn deserves it more than Memphis.

Either way, Memphis and UConn are likely to be in the same region as #1 and #2 (last #1 seed/first #2 seed).

Also, like Anders said last night, Duke could be thrown into the discussion with a win today.

While we know that each region has a #1 seed, why do we have a #1 overall seed?

I think it's a big ridiculous.

In 2007, heading into Championship Week, the Thad Five/Oden Buckeyes were the #1 team in the polls, but by the time the bracket was up, Florida rose from the #6 ranked team in the polls to the tournament's top seed.

I know Florida won the whole thing, but why were they rewarded for beating up on an inferior SEC in their tournament, whereas Oden's team won a tougher Big Ten?

The top 4 in the RPI coming into today are

1. Pittsburgh
2. dook
3. Carolina
4. Louisville

Memphis is 7 and UConn is 8

This could be how the #1 seeds are determined. If dook loses then maybe someone else jumps up.

Mississippi St. making the last couple bubble hopefuls sweat it out.

Bulldogs ahead of Vols, 40-36 early second half

MVP for 08-09 NBA SEASON

Sports Fan Pack

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)