NCAA Football 2011-2012

Ok, I'll settle all of this .....

Top 10 teams after Conference Championship games play off against one another till we have a True Champion !

1-10, 2-9, 3-8 see how hard this is NCAA/BSC ?

LOL it's very hard...top 8 would work much better!

Sandra

Eight conferences...16 teams in each conference. Each conference has two eight team divisions. Screw the current conference affiliations...with all the conference movement they're becoming irrelevant anyway.

Each team plays 12 games...seven against your division, four from the other division of your conference (which rotates every year), and one 'tradition' game outside your conference. Think Notre Dame-USC.

Each conference has a championship game...eight champions. They enter a true 'Bowl Championship Series' to determine a champion.

The rest of the bowls fill out with non-conference champions.

There. Fixed it.

Sandra

Must-see games this weekend:

Saturday
3:30PM Texas-Baylor, ABC
4:00PM LSU-Georgia, CBS (SEC Championship, Atlanta, GA)
8:00PM Wisconsin-Michigan State, Fox (Big Ten Championship, Indianapolis, IN)
8:00PM Oklahoma-Oklahoma State, ABC

Enjoy!

Sandra

Eight conferences...16 teams in each conference. Each conference has two eight team divisions. Screw the current conference affiliations...with all the conference movement they're becoming irrelevant anyway.

Each team plays 12 games...seven against your division, four from the other division of your conference (which rotates every year), and one 'tradition' game outside your conference. Think Notre Dame-USC.

Each conference has a championship game...eight champions. They enter a true 'Bowl Championship Series' to determine a champion.

The rest of the bowls fill out with non-conference champions.

There. Fixed it.

Sandra

The big flaw I see is not all conferences are created equal. I dont want to see the sun belt champ, which anyone could see has a MUCH easier road, get in over the 2nd place SEC/BIG 10/ECT team (or even the third or fourth best team from those).

The big flaw I see is not all conferences are created equal. I dont want to see the sun belt champ, which anyone could see has a MUCH easier road, get in over the 2nd place SEC/BIG 10/ECT team (or even the third or fourth best team from those).

Tough. Can't have everything. With a huge shift to eight 16 team conferences, there will be major change anyway. Put some current SEC or Big Ten teams together with Sun Belt teams.

The current conference system is in the process of being destroyed as we speak anyway. This will accelerate the inevitable, and give us a fair champion.

NCAA basketball survives with teams from lower conferences making it to the Dance over teams from power conferences who are probably better. It can work in NCAA football too. This only gets you into the final eight, not right into the national championship game.

Let's get back to basics. WIN your conference and advance. Hopefully the way the completely flawed system played out this year will be impetus for change.

Sandra

If that is the case, I would want to move to a weaker conference, as your proposal would vastly favor a decent team there over a very good team in a major conference.
I think taking it that far out would radically alter college football too much, and cause even more controversy. Can you imagine a 11-1 OSU getting left out over a 6-5 Troy?
THAT would be better to you?

Id rather do a top four (as I have stated many times before). If the champ of one of those weaker conferences gets in it at that point, so be it.

If that is the case, I would want to move to a weaker conference, as your proposal would vastly favor a decent team there over a very good team in a major conference.
I think taking it that far out would radically alter college football too much, and cause even more controversy. Can you imagine a 11-1 OSU getting left out over a 6-5 Troy?
THAT would be better to you?

Id rather do a top four (as I have stated many times before). If the champ of one of those weaker conferences gets in it at that point, so be it.

No, you're not getting what I'm saying. Create eight conferences where the best team in any of them is not Troy. Have good teams in all eight conferences. That can be accomplished my moving a lot...but not all...teams around.

As I said, conferences are being blown up every year anyway...just accelerate the process.

Sandra

I wouldnt want to "dismantle" the conferences either, although I do know that is happening for some.

And if you would structure it to where the best team in any conference is not "troy", but would presumably by a big name school such as a Bama, OSU, USC, Michigan, ect, then that totally cuts any chance a mid major might have.
If that is the case, why not leave the conferences alone and just take the top eight now?

I wouldnt want to "dismantle" the conferences either, although I do know that is happening for some.

And if you would structure it to where the best team in any conference is not "troy", but would presumably by a big name school such as a Bama, OSU, USC, Michigan, ect, then that totally cuts any chance a mid major might have.
If that is the case, why not leave the conferences alone and just take the top eight now?

Because it's too subjective. Some yahoo will argue that the SEC should have three or four teams in the final eight. We'll be having the same arguments over who the eight teams should be that we have now over who the two teams should be. The whole idea of my plan is to eliminate arguments.

And Troy or any mid-major would still have a chance in a conference with Alabama. They would just have to beat Alabama. On the field. As it should be.

Sandra

Saturday

Enjoy!

Sandra

Dont forget the 1-AA playoffs all on ESPN Game Plan and ESPN3

Now how to watch Montana at 1, Montana State at 2 and North Dakota State at 3 :)

Saturday
8:00PM Virginia Tech - Clemson ESPN/ESPNHD/ESPN3D (ACC Championship, Charlotte) Rematch!

Enjoy!

Sandra

fixed as usual

Because it's too subjective. Some yahoo will argue that the SEC should have three or four teams in the final eight. We'll be having the same arguments over who the eight teams should be that we have now over who the two teams should be. The whole idea of my plan is to eliminate arguments.

And Troy or any mid-major would still have a chance in a conference with Alabama. They would just have to beat Alabama. On the field. As it should be.

Sandra

I just dont see how you would eliminate arguments with it. The major powers would be spread out. Without a doubt many year you would have a conference "runner" up or two that would be a better team than a champion of a weaker conference. There will always be bitching, among the fans at least. ;)

I just dont see how you would eliminate arguments with it. The major powers would be spread out. Without a doubt many year you would have a conference "runner" up or two that would be a better team than a champion of a weaker conference. There will always be bitching, among the fans at least. ;)

Like I have been saying if the conference championships are going to have no meaning, then do away with them. It is just a popularity vote. Look at the AP votes this week, some so called writer put Georgia at No 4 and OSU out of the top 10.

If they are going to have a playoff then the conference championships have to mean something, the conference schedule should be considered the early round of the playoff. If you can't win your conference, tough. Take the 6 champs of the Big12, SEC, Big 10, Pac 12 and ACC to fill 5 spots and let the Big East and the merged MWC/CUSA champ play for the final spot. 6 team playoff winner takes all. The rest of the midmajors can make their own division.

8:00PM Oklahoma-Oklahoma State, ABC (de-facto Big-12 Championship)

Hope the rain their predicting all day Saturday, finishes up before game time. I think the wet conditions are going to play in OU's favor. With 40 degree temps at kickoff falling into the 30's the rain will make it tough on the passing game.

Just trying to eliminate the speculation and subjectivity by installing clear rules for how you do and do not get into the eight team playoffs. When you have that, and you know exactly what you have to do to get into the playoffs and you don't do it...your b******* and moaning falls on deaf ears.

It's like if Chicago Bear fans would have put up a stink and said they should have been in the Super Bowl because they finished ahead of the Packers in the regular season last year. Uh Uh. Nobody cares about that. They knew the playoff process going in, and they lost to Green Bay in the championship game. Oh well.

Same would happen in my college football world.

Sandra

Hope the rain their predicting all day Saturday, finishes up before game time. I think the wet conditions are going to play in OU's favor. With 40 degree temps at kickoff falling into the 30's the rain will make it tough on the passing game.

Didn't fall into their favor when they got beat by Texas Tech during that storm ;)

Just trying to eliminate the speculation and subjectivity by installing clear rules for how you do and do not get into the eight team playoffs. When you have that, and you know exactly what you have to do to get into the playoffs and you don't do it...your b******* and moaning falls on deaf ears.

It's like if Chicago Bear fans would have put up a stink and said they should have been in the Super Bowl because they finished ahead of the Packers in the regular season last year. Uh Uh. Nobody cares about that. They knew the playoff process going in, and they lost to Green Bay in the championship game. Oh well.

Same would happen in my college football world.

Sandra

But I dont want another pro type league. ;)

My point also.

Way too many mediocre teams in that mix.

Go with 4-16 team super conferences( dual 8 team divisions in each conference) Go with the 8 divison winners out of the 64 teams.

Eff the rest of the teams they can play division TwoA.

I don't give a damn about seeing any Sun belt, MAC or other lesser teams involved.

If a few Big Least teams get left out so be it. Makes it even better.

The Four Superconferences should be the SEC, Pac 16, Big Ten and some amalgamation of Big 12, ACC Hybrid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts