NCAA says that Tressell is NOT "forthright"...

The 1st part of his statement, I think they win 8 games....maybe more. It's not like they are starting with a completely new football team. They are still very talented. The 2nd part about Meyer...stranger things have happened.

Meyer has been rumored since the whole mess came down. (Tressel leaving).

Hired Fickell to ride the wave till the NCAA stuff is done, also think he may turn out to be a good coach, he's been on staff for awhile now.

Was noted that Meyer has a home in the area.

The 1st part of his statement, I think they win 8 games....maybe more. It's not like they are starting with a completely new football team. They are still very talented. The 2nd part about Meyer...stranger things have happened.

A few of our top recruits jumped ship after signing an intention to play here. And our starting QB left after promising to be back too. We've got a new coach and the media swirl surrounding the team this year will be a distraction. I'm not expecting much from them at all this year.

OSU will not face "lack of institutional control" charges from the NCAA. Let the OSU haters begin their complaining.

NCAA Finds No New Violations, OSU Won't Face 'Failure To Monitor' Charge | NBC 4i

No lack of institutional control? This is why I consider the NCAA and their rules such a joke. This is not a slam on Ohio State but rather on the NCAA their selective enforcement, their idiotic stance on certain rules, and, in my opinion, their lack of sincerity of helping the college student/athlete.

What recruits jumped ship ? I know about (1)...

Safety Bradley McDougald (Kansas), OT Kyle Kalis (Michigan) and LB Ejuan Price (Pitt) among others. We got ZERO national recruits. And ZERO of the top 150 player recruits. The players who we did get to commit were all from Ohio and bleed scarlet and grey.

Not to mention the players we lost in the draft: Cameron Heyward, Chimdi Chekwa, Brian Rolle, Jermale Hines and Ross Homan. The players also lost from the 2011 class that will probably get picked up as an undrafted FA include: Dane Sanzenbacher, Justin Boren, Bryant Browning, Devon Torrence, and Brandon Saine.

So yeah. New QB (true freshman Braxton Miller), new coach, significant players graduate/move onto the NFL, PR media storm, etc. all adds up to a very questionable season. I hope I'm wrong though.

Safety Bradley McDougald (Kansas), OT Kyle Kalis (Michigan) and LB Ejuan Price (Pitt) among others. We got ZERO national recruits. And ZERO of the top 150 player recruits. The players who we did get to commit were all from Ohio and bleed scarlet and grey.

Not to mention the players we lost in the draft: Cameron Heyward, Chimdi Chekwa, Brian Rolle, Jermale Hines and Ross Homan. The players also lost from the 2011 class that will probably get picked up as an undrafted FA include: Dane Sanzenbacher, Justin Boren, Bryant Browning, Devon Torrence, and Brandon Saine.

So yeah. New QB (true freshman Braxton Miller), new coach, significant players graduate/move onto the NFL, PR media storm, etc. all adds up to a very questionable season. I hope I'm wrong though.

I honestly think, you will be pleasantly wrong.;) The Big 10 will not be as strong as previous years(at least from what I have read), BUT, most publications have Nebraska #1 and either Ohio State, Illinois and Pen State as either 2, 3 or 4...depending what publication you read. From the ones I have skimmed, it's split 3 ways. The schedule has 4 tough games on the road: @ Miami, @Nebraska, @Illinois and @Michigan. OF those 4 road games, 2 can go either way...Miami and Michigan games. From the looks of it, they should go 8-4 easily at worst, 10-2 at best.

Not great, but considering all that has happened and the lack of big name recruits they were unable to pick up, that's pretty damn good if you ask me.

Urban will not be coaching Ohio State next year or any year to come. That is just a pipe dream from the fans and the "rooting for the buckeyes" media types.

Fabricated lie #1 was that he bought a house in Columbus, that did not happen. If he takes another job next year, it will be an ACC job, I'd say Ga Tech or Clemson.

Urban will not be coaching Ohio State next year or any year to come. That is just a pipe dream from the fans and the "rooting for the buckeyes" media types.

Fabricated lie #1 was that he bought a house in Columbus, that did not happen. If he takes another job next year, it will be an ACC job, I'd say Ga Tech or Clemson.

Doesn't he have some Notre Dame type connection?

I honestly think, you will be pleasantly wrong.;) The Big 10 will not be as strong as previous years(at least from what I have read), BUT, most publications have Nebraska #1 and either Ohio State, Illinois and Pen State as either 2, 3 or 4...depending what publication you read. From the ones I have skimmed, it's split 3 ways. The schedule has 4 tough games on the road: @ Miami, @Nebraska, @Illinois and @Michigan. OF those 4 road games, 2 can go either way...Miami and Michigan games. From the looks of it, they should go 8-4 easily at worst, 10-2 at best.

Not great, but considering all that has happened and the lack of big name recruits they were unable to pick up, that's pretty damn good if you ask me.

Actually, Nebraska is favored to win the conference with Wisconsin and Michigan State just behind them.

Here are the predictions. (first place votes in parentheses).

LEGENDS
1. Nebraska (19) 139
2. Michigan State (4) 118
3. Iowa 82
4. Michigan (1) 71
5. Northwestern 69
6. Minnesota 25

LEADERS
1. Wisconsin (22) 141
2. Ohio State (1) 113
3. Penn State (1) 95
4. Illinois 76
5. Purdue 52
6. Indiana 27

Actually, Nebraska is favored to win the conference with Wisconsin and Michigan State just behind them.

Here are the predictions. (first place votes in parentheses).

LEGENDS
1. Nebraska (19) 139
2. Michigan State (4) 118
3. Iowa 82
4. Michigan (1) 71
5. Northwestern 69
6. Minnesota 25

LEADERS
1. Wisconsin (22) 141
2. Ohio State (1) 113
3. Penn State (1) 95
4. Illinois 76
5. Purdue 52
6. Indiana 27

Not too far as to what I have read.

Doesn't he have some Notre Dame type connection?

Urban coached Notre Dame's WR's from 1996-2000. Other than that, he's all Ohio, through and through.

Born in Toledo. Raised in Ashtabula. Alumn of Cincinnati. Earned his Masters Degree at Ohio State. Started his coaching career at Ohio State (TE's and WR's). That's the reason for everyone predicting him to land in OSU. Plus, Ohio State being one of the most prestigious football institutions in the midwest, they will undoubtedly have a blank check waiting to spend on a premiere coach.

Urban coached Notre Dame's WR's from 1996-2000. Other than that, he's all Ohio, through and through.

Born in Toledo. Raised in Ashtabula. Alumn of Cincinnati. Earned his Masters Degree at Ohio State. Started his coaching career at Ohio State (TE's and WR's). That's the reason for everyone predicting him to land in OSU. Plus, Ohio State being one of the most prestigious football institutions in the midwest, they will undoubtedly have a blank check waiting to spend on a premiere coach.

Than he lived and coached in the south and asked himself "WTF was I thinking when I was young". :D

PIPE DREAM...............................keep tokin':hippie:

Last edited:
Than he lived and coached in the south and asked himself "WTF was I thinking when I was young". :-

PIPE DREAM...............................keep tokin'

I don't necessarily buy into the fact that Urban is coming to Ohio State. I'm not even sure if he wants to coach anymore. I do know we will end up with a premiere coach though. This Finkle guy is only a stop gap.

I don't necessarily buy into the fact that Urban is coming to Ohio State. I'm not even sure if he wants to coach anymore. I do know we will end up with a premiere coach though. This Finkle guy is only a stop gap.

Yeah I agree with you there. Was thinking more along the lines of Pelini or maybe even Gruden.

Are any of these guys corrupt enough to coach Outlaw State though ?

You haven't been following the developments, have you?? ;)

There are apparently no institutional issues at OSU. Everything can be blamed solely on Tressel. They can bring in someone clean and all will be right again...

If he takes another job next year, it will be an ACC job, I'd say Ga Tech or Clemson.
I can see Clemson wanting him, but the Techies love Paul Johnson, he won't be going anywhere for a long time (especially after the suffering we went through when Chan Gailey).

Personally I could care less if he goes to OSU to coach but unless you are Urban himself you just never know what might happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)