Need Help 920 4dtv

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What should my signal strength be to receive a picture on analog?

well i think each channels vary a bit , i can get a sparkly one at 60 some can receive a channel at 25.

if you go into "Options" 6-4-2 and look at #4 and see if it's on Standard or Rotated 90 change it to rotated 90 it will put a check mark by it . see if that increases your signal on the 42 signal channel

Hi George,
I am about to give up. I can't seem to get my digital channels. When I change the channels on any sat it only goes to 24. I think my unit might be toast after all.
Lizzie

well i know its time consuming , and frustrating not to get anything quickly
i really don't think we are on the right satellite . but without several other methods to test .... this is the only way i know how ..... we can try moving the dish all the way west and come back slowly ( yeah i know time consuming)

i wasn't trying to get the digital channels yet i was trying to point you to a in the clear analog channel so we could have a known point to start with

a analog channel will just start showing up real sparkly until you get a clear picture.

a videociper channel will display a not authorized screen but often will jump around like trying to show a picture if not tuned in properly. once we find either of these we can try the digital channels.

i have plenty of time

but after its all said you might need a reset on the unit , i don't know but the way the unit acts you should be able to at least pick up a analog channel ...

So I won't be able to press digital channels on my remote until I have the analog?

I found a more westerly sat earlier at 4982 with a signal about 40, but no picture. Last night I was on 4760 when you thought it was C4.

If I knew the direction of the G1, that might help. Do you know if it is due south? I am afraid to move my dish to far west. The limit is west south west now.

Lizzie

well i didn't ask what side of the dish your motor was on left or right
mine is on the right so all the way west will not hurt the motor.

i'm in arkansas so if i say my dish is pointed due south my dish would be looking at T6

I'm in Tennessee.

I think the actuator arm pulls out as it moves east on mine. It's too dark to see now or I would check it. I may can go some more west.

Is your G1 due west then?

My greater concern would be if I move to far west it might fall off the pole and roll down the hill.

I Wouldn't Give Up On It It takes time . just have some faith in the receiver , im sure its not toast ....point the dish All the way West remember the son comes up in the EAST and goes down in the WEST. so West is right left is East on mine . Put it on C4 ok? make sure its on a analog channel first then press 21 and click back east untill you get a screen from the VCRS saying no subed to this channel please contact blah.....blah stuff lol then work ur way back East to the other satllite which is G1 is next put it on channel 5 when u get that. if its not subed its not going to get any maps ? ok so maybe it wont do nothing i dont know mine is subed . and i get it everytime . try to sub to atleast one channel so u can get ur Maps down load them at G1 ( 3 ) when it says cant find channel continue to search press Guide and it will download the maps ok. then tell us whats up with it . good luck again. take ur time u'll get it

it would be nice to get a visual but i suspect that if your arm moves out to go east that it moves in to go west (like mine)

g1 is for me with a compus it would point to 237 degrees or southwest.

your dish if pointed to G1 would point to 243.8 degrees southwest

Hi Chefwan,

Well, I'm still tinkering with it every once in awhile. But it is very frustrating. I may not be west enough. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Lizzie

if you had a flashlight and had someone watch the dish move to ensure the dish moves west when you tell it to move west.. that would help

That's right George. The arm moves in to go west.

Based on what you said the sat we were working on last night was about where G1 should be. I'll work on it in a little while. I'm not working tonight, but I have some things to do around the house for awhile.

lizzie, let's do a test. Go to what looks like your strongest signal. Then go into "Options" 6-4-4 and highlight the Satellite you think you are on (or hope you are on). Then go to #4 Skew, and left or right arrow until you've gone up to 90-100 different numbers, as maybe 45 to -45, or -55 to 35. And take notice of the Signal at the bottom of the page and see if it will improve?

Al

My son and I worked on setting new west limits this afternoon, so I got it about due west. When I tried to search for sats I found two that were further west than the ones last night. They had signals about 30-40, but no picture.

I'm not sure what I should be setting skew on. I am just trying to adjust it with each channel by moving it up and down to see if anything happens. It doesn't seem to affect it for the most part. Every once in a while the signal will get a little stronger for a moment or two.

Okay Al I going to try it. While trying to find my strong signal just then I was moving the dish through 6 4 4 and saw color bars--not the usual all colors, but pink and green bars. Only thing is it was while dish was moving and now while dish is still. Be back in a minute.

I get these color bars when I hold down the left right buttons to move dish in 6 4 4.

I'm on 4684 which is strong. Fluctuating 46-54 for signal. I set it to G1. The highest signal is on channel 18. Skew whether at 0 or 90 doesn't seem to affect the signal.

By the way those color bars are only around 4727 give or take 10 points. Once I got out of that range they went away.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)