Need the Following information From Voom Subs

Here's a weird one:

I also have a Grand Wega like Sean Mota, so my initial assumption was that I had the same resolution that Sean has, but when I checked I was surprised to find a proprietary setting for my TV.

Mine is native resolution of 1386 by 788. I am using the DVI input from the Voom STB.

From the sonystyle tech document:
"The Sony KF-50WE610 Grand WEGA LCD rear-projection television offers an ultra-slim, lightweight tabletop design that's perfect for any home or apartment. It features a wide range of audio and video inputs, native 1386 x 788 resolution, a DVI connection for an HDTV tuner, a 3D digital comb filter, and a Memory Stick slot."

andrzej said:
Btw. I see some people giving 1080i as their set's native resolution. That's what your set can accomodate but it's not your set's native resolution. :)
There are indeed displays out there that can do 1920x1080. My own set can resolve to 1920x972 so I listed it as ~1080i.

STB is set to 1080i, HDTV native resolution is also 1080i, and using DVI. Biggest PQ degradation I see is macro blocking during scene transitions or some rapid movement, something I seldom saw with old encoders. Artifacts look a lot like those on my local NBC and PBS stations, which both insist on multicasting at least one SD sub-channel along with the HD sub-channel, which of course reduces HD bandwidth.

Samsung - DVI - 720P Native - Box set to 720p
In Focus - DVI - 768 Native - Box set to 1080i

1- Component YPbPr converted to Component RGBHV
(STB set to NATIVE, so 1080i on HDs, 480i on SDs, and 480p on Music Choice)

2- Sony SuperData front CRT projector: no native resolution, inputs max out at 1250 progressive

My Setup

2) STB's. 1) on a 34 inch 16:9 Panasonic HDTV Flat screen CRT via component set at 720p Native.
2) on a JVC 36 inch 4:3 standard CRT via S video set at 480i