Neighbor taking satellite signal??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Also, btw, to all the jerks who think he should come to terms with the neighbor, you don't know the first thing about being a good neighbor. if you want to borrow something that another neighbor owns, YOU ASK! You do not take what someone owns without asking!

His neighbor should've been asking him first. I would NEVER let a person use my stuff, if instead of asking they just took it!

Also, btw, to all the jerks who think he should come to terms with the neighbor, you don't know the first thing about being a good neighbor. if you want to borrow something that another neighbor owns, YOU ASK! You do not take what someone owns without asking!

His neighbor should've been asking him first. I would NEVER let a person use my stuff, if instead of asking they just took it!
Why do you and a bunch of others keep assuming that this is all his neighbors fault? How do you know that the installer just didn't connect it that way?

And, wanting to get along with your neighbors doesn't make you a jerk. But, finding things to fight with them about, does make you an ass!

And, wanting to get along with your neighbors doesn't make you a jerk. But, finding things to fight with them about, does make you an ass!

The guy is illegally on another guy's property, stealing signals. And by defending his property, the guy is 'finding things to fight about, and is an ass'?

Once again, either you guys wouldn't want the same done back to you, or your just plain out of touch with reality.

If so, can I come and do anything I want on your yards? I'll go and take craps on them, dump raw sewege, anything I want, and remember, if you object, your trying to pick a fight and your an ass.

The OP paid to have this installed. His neighbor didn't. The neighbor never told the OP either. Even if he did, it's still up to the OP, as he would be responsible if the neighbor's equipment got damaged.

If you guys think it's wrong for him to defend his property, then maybe the real asses here are the ones defending the neighbor.

Why do you and a bunch of others keep assuming that this is all his neighbors fault? How do you know that the installer just didn't connect it that way?

He already said the guy and the installer asked.

The simple point here is having the deceny to ask somebody. You may think your entitled to anything you want, but when someone find's your taking something without their permission, it becomes much harder to get them to agree in any method that isn't behind their back.

If the neighbor had treated the OP with any sort of deceny and respect, he might've gotten what he wanted. But he went behind the guy's back.

I don't care what crap they teach you, you aren't entitled to what you want. The OP bought the Dish, not the neighbor. The neighbor is NOT entitled to what the OP bought, the neighbor should get out and earn it.

Nobosy is entitled to anything except birth and death. Their is kindness and being a friend, but you hafta be one first.

The neighbor was no friend to the OP, and decided that treating him as if he can run over him is the best answer.

And if this is how you guys think situations with others should be handled, then you really don't value yourself very much.

What would be the next step after 'being neighborly'? After all, you expect the OP to be a neighbor while the neighbor acts like an ass to him. Maybe it's to let him have money? Or maybe the OP should let him live at his apartment? That would be neighborly right?

Considering he said NO and they still did it and they burry the wire on his property. Running 110 volts down the cable would be very nice!!!:D:up
Cover that under warranty D*.:eureka
This thread is useless with out pictures.:eek:

Last edited:
Considering he said NO and they still did it and they burry the wire on his property. Running 110 volts down the cable would be very nice!!!:D:up
Cover that under warranty D*.:eureka
This thread is useless with out pictures.:eek:

He said no to the neighbor but we have no idea if the neighbor even knew that the installer installed it that way. Ya 110 down the line will be great way to get you involved in a lawsuit.

What good are pictures if all you are going to see is a dish with cables coming off of it into the ground?

For those of you that want pictures I have taken some. I don't see how to upload them onto here without using a web page link which I don't have. If someone can tell me how to get them up I will gladly post them.

Click on go advanced for a reply to this thread. Then you will find an icon along with many others that would allow you to insert an image. The other option would be, once you clicked on go advanced, to add an attachment to the post.

Thank you
Here are some pics:

Attachments

• 446.JPG
    446.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 356
  • 447.JPG
    447.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 383
  • 448.JPG
    448.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 359
  • 449.JPG
    449.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 364
  • 450.JPG
    450.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 386
He said no to the neighbor but we have no idea if the neighbor even knew that the installer installed it that way. Ya 110 down the line will be great way to get you involved in a lawsuit.

What good are pictures if all you are going to see is a dish with cables coming off of it into the ground?
Apartment management had no Idea what I was talking about when I called last not. D* is coming tomorrow between 8-12 to remove all the wires that aren't mine. Hopefully this will solve the issue.
By now the neighbor knows so he must just be a big low life that he couldn't come over and say anything!!
Second prove I did it.
Pictures can clear up a lot, like if this even happen in the first place!!:eek:

Sorry but if I was the guy that owned the dish. I came home and there were cables run to the neighbors house after I told them no. The cable cutters would have been out faster than I can type this post.

Sorry but if I was the guy that owned the dish. I came home and there were cables run to the neighbors house after I told them no. The cable cutters would have been out faster than I can type this post.

I would too. After I cut the cable, I would call Directv, and file a complaint on the lazy ass installer who plug the cable to your dish.

Looking at the pictures tells a story.

1. The dish is not in a common area.
2. The neighbor would have no problem with line of sight with his OWN dish.
3. This is a case of a lazy installer, or a neighbor doing something illegal.

In this situation I would not give my permisson for the neighbor to glom on to my dish. He could have his own installed. If it was a line of sight issue I would negotiate, but this is clearly not. If the OP allowed it to be a community dish think what his back yard would look like. Trenches everywhere.

The neighbor just wants benefits without responsibilty. He could easily go to the management to get permission for his own dish. Then he could call D* and set up an appointment. Just like the OP did.

Wow, stealing tv service from the guy's front door. And their were actually people defending the ass clown that did this??

You gave the impression that you live in an apartment building, whereas, it looks more like you live in an apartment complex! With the pictures, I can see why you would be a little upset. You could have avoided most of this if you had posted pics sooner or with your OP. And, just because you told the neighbor and installer NO, doesn't mean that the installer just didn't do it anyways. Although, if I'm your neighbor, I would wonder where my dish is?

Hey, smartass. He didn't make it clear that thats where the dish was. Why don't you try reading thru the posts before you judge us?

He made it quite clear that the guy was stealing his signal, and he didn't allow him to do so.

Pictures shouldn't tell you more, because even if this was a line of sight issue you don't go and take what you want without asking. It's called DECENCY.

It was pretty obvious to some of us that this guy was a creep, but some of you would rather kiss his ass.

Probbably the first guy came and you said no and he left. Then Winback contacted your neighbor and a second service man came out and did it without your permission.

I don't see an issue with it, but the second you need a port to hook up another TV, then I would go and disconnect one of the neighbors TV's or require them to buy a Switch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)