Netflix App Who Would Like To See It To The Hopper

That's a very good point. I have tried Netflix on a number of devices. And, without exception, they are all pretty crappy compared to Roku and PC browser. Unless Dish can duplicate or enhance what is already available on Roku...
Believe it or not, the Roku interface (at least the one I have on the XD model) is the old interface. My new TV and not-as-new BD player have the new interface, but I don't like it.

Believe it or not, the Roku interface (at least the one I have on the XD model) is the old interface. My new TV and not-as-new BD player have the new interface, but I don't like it.

I've got an XS. I did a software update a long time ago and got the new interface...... I like the new interface just fine...

Is it XS or XD ? It's the Roku that Dish gave away during the A&E dispute. I check for s/w updates every few months or if I read about an update being pushed and I thought apps auto-updated (or they update when you install a new channel, it seems) ?

For those that cannot see the deal on the web site:

Dish-netflix.jpg

Is it XS or XD ? It's the Roku that Dish gave away during the A&E dispute. I check for s/w updates every few months or if I read about an update being pushed and I thought apps auto-updated (or they update when you install a new channel, it seems) ?
I have three Rokus: a new gen Roku 2, a Dish-supplied Roku 2 XD, and a Roku HD. They all have the same UI, and the same Netflix app, afaik.

It would be nice to have the app on the Hopper, just so you don't need to change the input on the TV. I use the app on my tivo more than the apple tv just because of the tivo remote. The hopper remote should work just the same.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I removed and re-order the Netflix channel a bit ago. It showed a date of Jan something 2014. It was no different looking than what was there before.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Currently on dish pause and using a tivo Roamio. Sure I have rokus and chromecasts, but it is really cool to just be able to use the tivo remote to access Netflix and YouTube on the same tivo hdmi input.

I was probably in the "I have other ways to access Netflix" camp, but the more services I use most often are on the same device (in my case tivo), the more I realize how much I prefer it that way.

With AT&T buying Directv.Dish should look into buying Netflix. They would be King of movies, tv series then. Blockbuster turned out into not being very good.

Please add the Netflix App to Hopper/Joey system in the future.

I would like to see this app added in the near future.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

With AT&T buying Directv.Dish should look into buying Netflix. They would be King of movies, tv series then. Blockbuster turned out into not being very good.

That is probably why they won't buy Netflix. They took a real beating on Blockbuster. They basically bought a bankrupt company and then saw to it's complete deconstruction of physical stores and dvd hubs. They might not want to jump into that venue again.

Blockbuster was on it's death bed when Dish bought it, Netflix is profitable. Blockbuster had a substantial retail structure (physical stores, many thousands of employees), Netflix has no stores and a whole lot fewer employees (60,000 vs 2,000 at BB's peak).

I want the WATCH ESPN app on the hopper so I can stream games not on regular ESPN channels thru it on my big TV without having to do it from the computer and a dropped long hdmi cable.

Don't need the netflix app on the Hopper. Already have the app on my Samsung smart TV.

Given that most SmartTVs are running un-patched linux distros, I personally recommend everyone disconnect theirs from their network. Also, I know that Samsung and others are starting to sell advertising on their connected SmartTVs:

http://www.samsungadhub.com/pr/ourCapability/smartTVAd.do

In addition to this, some have reported ads displaying on content that isn't accessed via their smart hub. Basically, an add was playing during some show they were watching, and a pop-up displayed on the screen instructing the viewer to press select for more information.

In any case, I would love to see Netflix on the Hopper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)